Incredible Car Panel screen orientation?

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
For the HTC Droid Incredible, I noticed that when you go to the Car Panel, the screen only displays vertically in portrait view, regardless of having the Orientation under the phone Settings > Sound and Display set to auto switch on rotation. Clicking menu > Settings in the Car Panel shows auto-launch of NaviPanel for car kit mode and auto connect to bluetooth.

Fortunately the launched Google Navigation will still change orientation to landscape view after you launch it. I still think this phone is awesome, or dare I say incredible, but I certainly would have preferred a car panel in landscape orientation.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
its suppose to be that way. the panel itself will be portrait but the orientation should change once you are using the nav portion.

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
its suppose to be that way. the panel itself will be portrait but the orientation should change once you are using the nav portion.

I think he's stating that it should be similar to the MOTO DROID where when you have it in the holder on your dash it rotates to landscape view. I agree with it it would be a nice to have it rotate to landscape or portrait depending on how you're holding it...

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I think he's stating that it should be similar to the MOTO DROID where when you have it in the holder on your dash it rotates to landscape view. I agree with it it would be a nice to have it rotate to landscape or portrait depending on how you're holding it...
that could be..never used it on a droid :)

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
The navigation on the Droid was awesome, opened up in portrait or landscape depending on how you were holding the device.

Hope the Incredible eventually gets a navigation dock, I hate to part with my droid one.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of Car Panel, under "Make A Call" how do I add numbers to "Favorites". Mine is grayed out.
The favorites button will only work if you have a contact "group" set up named Favorites. This is especially easy to do if you use the HTC Widget "People."

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The navigation on the Droid was awesome, opened up in portrait or landscape depending on how you were holding the device.

Hope the Incredible eventually gets a navigation dock, I hate to part with my droid one.
I'm sure there will be, as under Settings in the Car Panel, there are options to auto launch the NaviPanel and Bluetooth in "car kit mode" for whatever that will come to mean.

I had a Droid for a couple weeks, I loved how it's car panel would rotate depending on how the phone was held.

Last edited:

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
It would be great if you could also integrate music apps into Car Panel as many people like myself play their music through their phone using bluetooth .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome