What/how much warranty should I get?

oscarahj

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely going to switch from my BB Tour to the Incredible as soon as I get a chance. I am just wondering what/how much warranty I should purchase for the phone?

I went into a Verizon store today and it felt pretty good in my hands. The only gripe about how it "fit" was that it was really thin from front to back. So I am afraid of dropping it. Is the standard one year warranty going to be ok for most of you? Or do most people buy the extended warranty?

I don't know...I've just read in some random articles that usually the one year warranty usually suffices. It's just that the sales pitches for me to buy the extended warranty often play on fears. What if this, what if that...

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Warranty and insurance are two different things..

No way would I not have some sort of insurance on this phone with the retail cost humping the back door of $600..

Think of it as a car. You have a warranty against the manufacture defects, but insurance for everything else. Insurance will cover it for 7.99 a month with a $90 deductible. Protect cell sells insurance for it for $70 for once year, and $119 for 2, and I believe is a $50 deductible the first time, $100 the second, and $150 the third.. I could be wrong? If you buy it from best buy, its my understanding that for $10 a month your covered with no deductible and you get a new one.