Battery life not lasting? Your fix is in here

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
thats a great point here. they are not strong enough for this phone. i am just very upset that I HAVE TO spend money on a new battery to get even half the life of my BB curve. downloaded the battery widget and just after unplugging it 10secs it dropped 2%. 3hrs off of charger. about 15 text 10 emails. 1 pic 3 phone calls and i am below 50% already. wifi is off. active wallpaper is off. location is on. they owe us a new battery

Have to? Have to! Aren't you within your 30 days to return the phone? You certainly don't have to buy any accessories. Bring it back and go back to your Blackberry Curve. Unless you got a faulty piece of equipment, nobody owes you anything. If you don't like it, get something else.

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Can someone just post a link to a better battery and I will buy one? I love this phone too much to turn off everything. Preferably one that doesn't add thickness to the phone.

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
to me this completely defeats the reason for the phone. No email, no weather no twitter...why get the phone then?

Agreed. I am willing to tweak a bit, but I will not set my email to check once a day (LOL) or lose all location based features etc.

I will sooner just invest in enough extension cords to be able to traverse the entire office.

testcellchris

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Best Battery widget Imo.. Beautiful Battery!

BatteryLife – Beautiful battery widget

This lil widget shows all the appropriate info without using the entire screen. Its small and very legible. I ordered the 1750mAh battery too. Verizon told me about advanced task killer too. I told them the OEM battery sucked and was not up to the challenge of the phone. She was really cool and told me that the 2150mAh should be out soon (within the month). She has the Droid and swore by the Advanced task killer. I use "Advanced Task Manager" I paid a buck for the full version and its well worth it. Look it up and check out the You tube video on the web site. It has helped my battery usage. I cant give specifics yet, but I have over 70% with moderate use today and the phone was off the charger @ 8am. My friend is fairly android savvy and he said that a lot of the widgets that are tracking mem and batt usage consume a ton of battery life, Beautiful Battery and Advanced Task Manager both suggested seem to be winners. All I have found is if ya want it all buy spare batts and have chargers everywhere or wait for the Seidio 3200mAh. You can jump start your car with that one. Can we all get on the same page settings wise and start a thread that uses consistent data with the same settings. As a whole we should be able to find a common link to better battery consumption. Every phone on this forum is personalized, exp: update timing, active backgrounds, FB updates, twitter etc.. My point is if we can get all in line personalized and then compare notes daily we may stumble across something positive. Lots of work I know, but we stand to learn a ton too! Just a thought. Definitely check out the mentioned apps above! :D

Last edited:

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Can someone just post a link to a better battery and I will buy one? I love this phone too much to turn off everything. Preferably one that doesn't add thickness to the phone.

Here you are good sir. Ask and you shall receive.

Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

Although i would advise you to wait it out a little longer. cycle your battery a few times (3 to 5). Let it drain to less than 10% then charge it up. Do that a few times in a row. and then see how you feel after that. Then go for the Bigger battery.

thecodeman25

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
i just added the power widget to one of my homescreens and have been keeping the auto sync off as much as i can, and it seems to be extending the battery considering.. i know thats not an option for alot of you that need the emails immediately but i can go an hour or two between checking. but i am glad to have this option too for when i cant get around a charger.

G

GenericMessage

Have to? Have to! Aren't you within your 30 days to return the phone? You certainly don't have to buy any accessories. Bring it back and go back to your Blackberry Curve. Unless you got a faulty piece of equipment, nobody owes you anything. If you don't like it, get something else.

Ok, time out.

Relax.

Mature.

All good?

Good

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok after 10th hours off the charger I'm at 70%. Now mind you its been a very light day for me on the phone. I did turn off that network feature and trimed down what was running in the background.

For usage cell standby is 35%, phone standby is 34%, Android system is 11%. I also setup Advanced Task Manger free like I had on my Droid.

icecoolfsu

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
When you guys go to Settings>About Phone>Battery what do you guys get for the "Up Time" and the "Awake Time"? Mine always match. I always hit the lock button at the top of the phone when I'm not using it. Should the phone not always be awake? And if so, when exactly does it go to sleep?

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
there are settings to allow it to sleep. the always on network would be one that keeps the phone from sleeping. There are several others too, one is wifi always on.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Neither, because task managers are BAD for your phone

Ugh then why did Verizon tech support TELL me to install a task manager? This is very conflicting.

I used Advanced Task Killer today for the first time, and I must say my battery life was improved, all things equal. I made it through most of the day before it died around 10pm. Still pretty modest useage, but not completely - I used GPS for 15 minutes or so, few phone calls, bunch of emails... Pretty average use.

I'll try without the task killer tomorrow to see if there's a difference.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Tomorrow I am not going to use task killer. I did make it through they with 20 percent left. Not bad. Mobile always on is off. I do have fb and Twitter updating every hour same with the weather. When i use the advanced task killer widget sometimes it restarts sense...is that normal? Not every time but every once in a while.

bubbabeatz

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ugh then why did Verizon tech support TELL me to install a task manager? This is very conflicting.

I used Advanced Task Killer today for the first time, and I must say my battery life was improved, all things equal. I made it through most of the day before it died around 10pm. Still pretty modest useage, but not completely - I used GPS for 15 minutes or so, few phone calls, bunch of emails... Pretty average use.

mine seems to die quicker with the task killer on.. but the battery dies pretty quick either way

G

GenericMessage

Tomorrow I am not going to use task killer. I did make it through they with 20 percent left. Not bad. Mobile always on is off. I do have fb and Twitter updating every hour same with the weather. When i use the advanced task killer widget sometimes it restarts sense...is that normal? Not every time but every once in a while.

A.) Verizon tech support are morons, look at ANY story here in ANY forum, and you'll learn that fact quickly.

B.) Have ya'll just tried using your WIFI instead when at home? Using WIFI puts less strain on the battery during data usage.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

previous to 2.1 i think they were kinda needed so some people still use them even though they arent needed for the new software/OS. They recommend them because for the last 6 months or so that was the thing to do.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon