I am led to believe power management programs like Power Manager, and Ultimate Juice don't work with Verizon android phones. So, I am looking for ONE SMALL widget or program that will allow me to switch on and off the data, airplane, wifi modes and voice modes. Having a widget for each uses too much real estate.

Any advice?
    05-01-2010 06:40 AM
    There's a built in power control widget you can use for most of these functions. There's also individual widgets you can add from the add widget selection panel under the settings drop down. You can quickly access airplane mode by holding down the power button for 2 seconds.
    05-01-2010 09:10 AM
    Cory, silly question here. I placed the power control widget on one of my home screens, but I can't find anything that tells me what the five different symbols each control? I'm new to the Android system. It looks the like the first two are wifi and bluetooth, and the last is brightness, but what do the third and fourth buttons control?
    05-02-2010 11:50 PM
    Not silly at all.

WiFi | Bluetooth | GPS/Satellite | Synchronization | Brightness Level
    05-02-2010 11:53 PM
    1. wifi
    2. bluetooth
    3. gps
    4. something to do with sync
    5. brightness

you can also go to:

menu >> add >> widgets >> settings

to add the individual small widgets that you need
    05-02-2010 11:54 PM
    Thanks for the previous answers. Is there also a shortcut of some sort that can be used to "power off," rather than having to hold down the top button? I thought I saw somewhere on the forum that one could create an icon for that on the homepage.
    05-03-2010 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD