Drop story. Yes, it happened on the first day.

wesrodz

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
So I was casually and drunkenly holding my Incredible when it slipped from my hands and went crashing down about 4' onto a parquet floor. The back cover came flying off, as did the battery.

I was expecting the worst - dents, scratches, shattered screen, broken plastic. BUT to my surprise, there wasn't a scratch on the thing. Everything was perfect. I snapped everything back together and went along my merry (and drunken) way. I am sure the results would have been different if it had fallen on, lets say, the sidewalk, but I am really impressed that it survived this fall. :D

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only onw that had to look up the word parquet? :eek:

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear everything is okay. I've had that happen before and that second when you start examining for damage is gut wrenching.

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Got case/cover?

$16 hard silicone case (or $13 w/corporate discount) plus a screen protector would protect your $500 investment. (Unless you buy the insurance.)

I didn't think I would like the hard silicone case, but I do. I'm running without a screen protector though... eek. (Would parquet/sidewalk scratch a glass screen?)

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only onw that had to look up the word parquet? :eek:

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear everything is okay. I've had that happen before and that second when you start examining for damage is gut wrenching.

i wasn't too sure of the meaning but i just used context and figure it wasnt carpet so it had to be somewhat hard.

wesrodz

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Got case/cover?

$16 hard silicone case (or $13 w/corporate discount) plus a screen protector would protect your $500 investment. (Unless you buy the insurance.)

I didn't think I would like the hard silicone case, but I do. I'm running without a screen protector though... eek. (Would parquet/sidewalk scratch a glass screen?)

I am anti-case, but after my little incident, I bought one today at a Verizon store. It looks and feels great!

I forgot to mention, that that was only the second time I ever dropped a phone...and I have owned a lot of them. My first drop was about 3 years ago...the BlackBerry 8330...it fell in a parking lot earning it a nice beauty mark. Lol.

allentb#WN

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It is a sad day I dropped my DInc. and the screen shattered. I was shocked I bent over to pick my kid up and it fell from my pocket and hit the floor. I have insurance on it and was told to go to VZW store to see if they could replace the screen but they told me they have no replacement parts that I needed to turn it in to insurance. Costed me another $89.00. I thought screen was made of "Gorilla Glass" none scratchable/unbreakable. Also took precautions with a screen protector, VZW hard case and it still broke.

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the same exact thing happen to me (as OP) with the same results :)

Was worried but no scratches or anything. Not sure but i think the phone only vibrates 95% of when it should vibrate. I think i've noticed that sometimes the phone doesn't vibrate when i hit the capacitive buttons, but that's every once in a while.

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I wish Otterbox made a case for the Incredible. I am holding off on buying one until they do. I have damaged several phones by dropping them, until I put my last Berry in an Defender case. If it drops, I don't worry about it. The rubber around the hard shell prevents damage from average falls. The only way I think the phone would get hurt is if it fell 10-12 feet.