Oh no! Battery Pull

TucsonChuck

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
OK so I'm laying in bed, surfing the inter tubes, and my phone freezes. My first battery pull, hope this isn't something that's going be a common practice in the life of my Incredible....

Anyone else have this issue yet?

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
battery pull !!

wow i had to do my first battery pull this morning. i was playing with the apps and loaded an audio book app. installed it and starting to play a book. i layed it down to listen. 1 min into i picked it up and a target page was pulling up and kinda flashing strange. touched the screen to get out of it, NOTHING. hit the power button to shut off. well you need the screen tap to tell it to turn off. so had to do a battery pull

LiQuidZero

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a task manager/killer app? I saw on other threads that the Android OS is pretty good at terminating unused apps, and a task manager "may" do more harm than good. Meaning, task managers may create instability in the OS. I opted not to install a task manager and haven't had any battery pulls.... yet.

rijc99#WN

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
On the Incredible if you hold the power button for a while will that simulate a battery pull? I don't want to have to remove the phone from a hard case if I don't have to.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Are you using a task manager/killer app? I saw on other threads that the Android OS is pretty good at terminating unused apps, and a task manager "may" do more harm than good. Meaning, task managers may create instability in the OS. I opted not to install a task manager and haven't had any battery pulls.... yet.

yea it is funny you mention this more times than not the task killer is always what the culprit is on 2.0+ devices i noticed my local vzw store put the task killers on the phones and they ran so laggy i was in the store at opening and the phones were garbage. so please anyone that is using a task killer please delete it for it really not needed and does mess with performance

Matt_AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a task manager installed, like ATK (Advanced Task Killer)? If so, uninstall it. You likely do not need it, and there are reports that they can cause environmental variables that require a battery pull to fix. This may fix your problem. If you don't have a task manager installed, then I'm not sure what to tell you other than not every device is perfect all of the time. :)

TucsonChuck

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a task manager installed, like ATK (Advanced Task Killer)? If so, uninstall it. You likely do not need it, and there are reports that they can cause environmental variables that require a battery pull to fix. This may fix your problem. If you don't have a task manager installed, then I'm not sure what to tell you other than not every device is perfect all of the time. :)

I don't have ATK installed... Doesn't look like I will in the future... I'm hoping its a rare occurrence

Thanks

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I do realize that this is off topic but does this task killer info also go for the moto droid running the new 2.1 update?

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes, task killers ARN"T needed for android! Also, you can't blame a phone for lockups always. Some apps in the market are good, some are poorlly written and cause problems, always look at app reviews before installing!!!!!!!!

h3seaking

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Evidently juice defender has cdma isses. Other power managers have the same issue. Somrthing with 2.1, CDMA and the power manager programs.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Maybe the audio book app wasn't ready for Android 2.1? Just a thought.

I deleted Advanced Task Killer after seeing other threads, like this one.

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a blackberry, that's something I'm used to. I had to do a pull every morning so even if my HTC needs one every couple days or once a week, I'm really okay with that!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If you hold the button in for a few seconds, and then choose Power Off, it will shut down the phone. Then you can hold the button again for a few seconds to power it back up. That will simulate a battery pull and is actually the cleanest/safest way to reboot the device. If your phone is totally locked up, and you can't get to the screen that allows you to power off the device, then your only option at that point is to pull that battery. I've never once had to do this with an Android device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20