Wifi conflicting with network

scotter

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I have my incredible set up on my wifi network, and today i decided to try it outside of my network, ie, on verizon's network.
It wouldn't allow me to do that for some reason, so I called verizon support and they told me that I will need to go into the settings and disable wifi every time i leave the network.

This sounds ridiculous to me, was the verizon rep wrong?
Can't a phone this incredible detect when wifi is out of range?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I have my incredible set up on my wifi network, and today i decided to try it outside of my network, ie, on verizon's network.
It wouldn't allow me to do that for some reason, so I called verizon support and they told me that I will need to go into the settings and disable wifi every time i leave the network.

This sounds ridiculous to me, was the verizon rep wrong?
Can't a phone this incredible detect when wifi is out of range?

It should automatically connect to Verizon's data network when out of range of WiFi, irrespective of whether WiFi os off or not. I think the rep was mistaken.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i mean the easiest way is put the wifi toggle widget on your screen but it certainly should not be an issue

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
make sure

settings>wireless and networks>mobile network is checked

and then the settings under mobile network settings are also checked

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've discovered something very odd. Twice now, I've gone into settings>wireless & networks & I've seen a setting described as "allow connections to mobile network when WiFi is not available". Both times, I have gone to this thread to share this information, and gone back to my phone to reference what exactly it says. By the time I pick up my phone to look at it, the backlight has gone off, and I've had to turn it back on and unlock the screen. When I do so the setting I'm talking about has totally disappeared and will not come back. The first time this happened, I dismissed this as me being totally crazy. However, the second time I saw this setting I starred at it to make sure I was reading it correctly. This setting would obviously influence what the OP is referring to. Does anyone else see this setting option?

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
cory i remember a setting reading very similar to that but cant find it now either. I wont if you have to have another setting enabled first for the option to appear.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I finally duplicated the problem. Notice how the description for Mobile Network changes?

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg