I came from a Storm to an Incredible and I love it, but one thing that bothers me is that I can't find a way to move pictures/files off of the phone memory onto the SD card. This seems like something that has to be built into the OS somewhere, but maybe its just buried in some sort of settings somewhere? I would appreciate it if someone could help me out!
    05-01-2010 11:42 AM
    i'm also interested in an answer to this one because that's a feature that's important to me
    05-01-2010 12:04 PM
    There are a couple ways you can do this:

1) Download and install a file manager from the market (i.e., Astro) and use it to move/copy files.

2) When connected to a PC/Mac, 2 external disk drives will display. You can then move/copy files between the 2.
    05-01-2010 12:13 PM
    Here's our tutorial on manually moving files. Note that you may need to install HTC Sync to get your computer to recognize the phone. (Yeah. Sucks.)

Also give doubletwist a try.
    05-01-2010 12:17 PM
    There are a couple ways you can do this:

1) Download and install a file manager from the market (i.e., Astro) and use it to move/copy files.

2) When connected to a PC/Mac, 2 external disk drives will display. You can then move/copy files between the 2.
    That's pretty much what i was getting at because i know my blackberry is that way so i was wondering if this phone was the same. If it is then I wont have any gripes haha. thanks
    Here's our tutorial on manually moving files. Note that you may need to install HTC Sync to get your computer to recognize the phone. (Yeah. Sucks.)

Also give doubletwist a try.
    do i need to install HTC sync to access the phone as an external drive as stated above? That's all i'm really concerned about
    05-01-2010 12:33 PM
    do i need to install HTC sync to access the phone as an external drive as stated above? That's all i'm really concerned about
    Nope. Your computer see's the Incredible as an external USB drive automagically.
    05-01-2010 12:35 PM
    Nope. Your computer see's the Incredible as an external USB drive automagically.
    perfect. That was my main concern. thanks
    05-01-2010 12:36 PM
    I had Astro installed but I still don't think it does what I want it to. The "Move" button is always faded and wont let me use it.

Also, when saving a picture from an mms for example, is there any way to dictate what file it goes to instead of it saving to a "downloads" or "other" folder, I've had both those happen but I just want them in the folders where they belong.
    05-01-2010 01:11 PM
    I had Astro installed but I still don't think it does what I want it to. The "Move" button is always faded and wont let me use it.

Also, when saving a picture from an mms for example, is there any way to dictate what file it goes to instead of it saving to a "downloads" or "other" folder, I've had both those happen but I just want them in the folders where they belong.
    1.) What is it you're trying to move, and from where to where?

2.) Open messages>menu>settings>attachment storage.
    05-01-2010 04:36 PM
    I have an EVO and it WILL NOT let me get in the phone as USB drive. What Im trying to do is save personally created ringtones and notification sounds to the phone itself. Now it lets me see the SD card and that great but I want the files in the phone itself that way theres no lag time to mount the SD card when restarting the phone.
    09-04-2010 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD