Failing live wallpapers and how to set a pic as background?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My friend showed me his Incredible today. Since I am just an incredible source of knowledge after watching every review video I could find, I showed him a couple of things he didn't know about yet. We went to the android market and did a search for live wallpapers. A big list came up and we picked two of the free ones. They downloaded fine, but when we tried to set them as wallpaper, the phone got stuck at "Loading live wallpaper" and after a while came up with an error message which I unfortunately forgot.

So the first question is, how do you know which live wallpaper will work with the Incredible, or are we just doing something wrong?

Second question pertains to taking a picture and trying to use it as a wallpaper. Taking the pic is no problem, it's when we try to set it that a little green crop box shows up that's asking us what part of the pic we want to use as the wallpaper. While it lets us enlarge the area used in the pic somewhat, we just simply want to use the whole picture. Why does it want to crop out part of the pic instead of letting us use the entire thing?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
There are 6-8 live wallpapers already loaded on the phone also.

Yeah we tried all of those and they work fine, but seeing how there's tons more on the Android Market, we natually wanted to try some of those. Either we are having bad luck in picking 2 that just don't work, or we are doing something wrong.

madkayaker

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting the error message "the process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Could this somehow be related?

J_Rock

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I too would like to know how to set a wallpaper of one I added to my SD card or a pic I took without that crop box showing up. What's the point of using your own wallpaper if the resolution is correct and it makes you crop it even more?

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
im a ditto seems pointless i have some great shots of my wife but i have to crop off her head lol sometimes id like to

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There will be some that don't work since this is a new phone and they aren't updated yet. But I downloaded the nexus one live wallpaper where it has streaks of color moving around and it worked fine

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem is that by default it uses 8MP. So you shoot this picture and it's is gigantic. I suppose if you would use a lower resolution you would have less cropping to do? But still, the phone is capable of showing the entire picture on the screen after you took the picture, so why can't you just set it the way it is....that's a little stupid.

wiggerfoo528

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
your resolution is off. If you look at the default wallpaper included with the incredible, all of them are 960x800 (since the wallpaper moves slightly for each of the home screens). When I downloaded images and cropped them to 960x800, you can use the whole thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol