05-09-2010 07:51 AM
52 123
tools
    Mine is super fast, but I do wish the spacebar was more sensative. I find my typing accurate except for the space.
    Have you done anything to make yours faster? I also have a slight delay when it rotates into landscape. I had a first gen iPhone and that was always very responsive. This phone is much better than the iPhone just seems to have a tiny lag to it.
    05-03-2010 01:07 PM
    -Flash (coming in June)
    -in agreement in the Footprint/City ID removal
    -physical camera button
    -4G version with front camera, 1.6Ghz processor, 1GB ram, 20GB internal storage (just sayin'.. )
    Lol hilarious!
    05-03-2010 01:10 PM
    I would like it to only show mobile numbers when I want to send a sms/mms.
    I've been using handcent app for my sms and it has an option for showing mobile numbers only.
    05-03-2010 01:30 PM
    Yea, I put that on mine also. I just thought it would be cool it did that by default. Seems like a common sense type feature.
    05-03-2010 02:23 PM
    Actually there's one more thing I noticed that I thought would be cool, but it's probably a PITA to implement.

I use the HTC Messages widget, which works great for me. The only thing that bothers me about it is that if I flick over to the screen it's on when I have a new message, the new message indicator doesn't go away. Even though I'm looking at it I still have to go into the messages app itself in order to get it to go away.

I guess it's no biggie, it was something that annoyed me on my Tour that just carried over to the Incredible.
    05-03-2010 08:42 PM
    - Ability to use flash LED with video
    - Ability to set flash on/off settings and have it remember my preferences.
    - Dedicated camera button (Push once to open camera app, push again to take photo)
    - Control capacitive button lights (too bright)
    - Better Facebook sync, more options to control multiple profiles of same contact
    - Uninstall City ID
    - Speaker vent on top of the phone so it's not muffled when laying on it's back
    - Louder sounds (ringers, notifications)
    - Charging contacts for docks
    - Larger desktop clock with weather in landscape mode
    - Bigger notification LED and color options
    - Better (or dedicated) video player
    05-03-2010 09:18 PM
    Oh, and I just got an email and noticed something else...

- Option to Reply, Reply All, Forward at TOP of Gmail app emails.

In Gmail's app, you have to scroll down to the bottom of the email to reply or reply all. This should be an option at the top of the email or by long pressing.

I just got an LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGG email I had to scroll for 4 miles just to say, "ok"
    05-03-2010 09:28 PM
    Better photo organization
    standalone video player/organizer
    Facebook/calendar sync
    cityID removal

hardware:
    Dedicated hard camera button
    bigger battery
    05-03-2010 09:34 PM
    why do yall hate city id so much? is it taking up so much memory or draining a battery that bad? or is it so annoying to see the city that a person is calling from that much as it is probably the same city that you live in? what is it about city id that you all hate? i honestly don't get it...
    05-04-2010 12:17 AM
    you can't uninstall it and after it expires, you get prompted that it's a trial and to pay $1.99 a month..
    05-04-2010 09:31 AM
    I like city Id. I think its cool it tells me where people are calling from. Even though I don't get many calls and its usually my mom and I know where she always is.........
    05-04-2010 09:40 AM
    if I really needed to know where people are calling from I can Google the area code or just ask the person on the phone. This is something that I really don't see the point of unless their marketing to towards business users.

I dont like the pop up messages.
    05-04-2010 11:26 AM
    Add to the list:

sync Notes with MS Exchange similar to how Blackberry does

Also a Messaging program that allows multiple users and conversations at once - similar to BB Messenger
    05-04-2010 04:32 PM
    05-04-2010 04:56 PM
    1. copy and paste in the gmail app
    2. flash for video
    05-04-2010 05:02 PM
    How about to be able to multi-select emails/messages to delete them instead of doing them one by one?
    05-04-2010 05:07 PM
    How about to be able to multi-select emails/messages to delete them instead of doing them one by one?

This can be done by pressing the menu button on the message list without selecting any messages.

A menu will pop up and you can delete several at once.
    05-04-2010 05:08 PM
    1.) The ability to set unique e-mail ringtone notifications for each individual contact in your address book. (Handcent does a great job of handling this for SMS/MMS)
    05-04-2010 05:44 PM
    I'd like the joystick click action to be the equivalent of double-tapping the home button. I think sense ui works better with a zoom out/in and I'd rather have a button than have to pinch. Alternatively, I'd accept it as a dedicated camera button.

Volume controls trigger shutter when the camera is on. They're positioned perfectly for left handed shooting portrait and right handed shooting landscape (though the phone is 'upside down').

Software control over the soft button backlight (horrible with skymap).

Software control over the flash LEDs.
    05-05-2010 12:09 AM
    o Hands free BlueTooth headset dialing (this covers all Androids)
    o Ability to unroot so that I can use SetCPU and other software
    o Screen Capture app or function (might need unroot)
    o Separation of email, SMS, Notification sounds (turn off email sounds at night while keeping SMS, Phone and alarms so I can hear them)
    o Torch App (might need unroot)
    o Multi-select messages mail to mark them as Read and/or Delete (K-9 can do this but I need it for exchange mail) Gmail seems to have the same issue.
    05-05-2010 01:37 AM
    I could have sworn this already existed but I believe someone confirmed it didn't, so I'll put in a request for a bandwidth monitor in the Settings. I'm also on board with the rest of you guys for a flashlight app that makes use of the camera LED's; that's the one thing I miss having from my Blackberry and it came in really handy at work.
    05-08-2010 05:04 PM
    I would like it to only show mobile numbers when I want to send a sms/mms.
    Chomp sms has an option for this. And its way better than handcent IMHO.
    05-09-2010 03:37 AM
    You really should be able to copy and paste from within the gmail app. That would make sense.... iPhone does it.... whoa... don't shoot!
    05-09-2010 03:52 AM
    Already has this feature...
    Open the gmail app then tap menu.... then tap allow batch operations. This puts a check box beside every email. You can do with them what you please at this point: delete, move to folder, archive, etc....
    05-09-2010 04:44 AM
    Already has this feature...
    Open the gmail app then tap menu.... then tap allow batch operations. This puts a check box beside every email. You can do with them what you please at this point: delete, move to folder, archive, etc....
    What if you only want to select 5, or 10 from a list of 100??

Add something like Tap/hold on top one, then tap on bottom to select only those...
    05-09-2010 06:52 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD