Default message app and pop up?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So I've been using Handcent for a long time now and I've always liked the pop up feature and the app itself but now I'm using a ROM that incorporates Sense 3.0. I'm kind of impressed with the new default message app. Its quite a bit cleaner, visually looks nicer to me and has no lag at all...I've found Handcent to have some lag here and there. It seems like it takes Handcent's pop up window feature to get the screen to activate so I can see the default message app on my screen...from there I can read the message without unlocking the phone. If I do unlock I'm presented with Handcent's pop up window that I now don't need because the default message app has already shown me the text before I unlocked.

If I delete Handcent, the screen won't automatically turn on when a text comes in...basically, I want the screen to activate but I don't want Handcent to keep showing me messages I've already read.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I had crafted a very thoughtful and witty reply...then for some reason it didn't post. Doesn't matter cause I think I figured it out. Handcent has a setting that will turn the screen on only when the pop up is disabled...exactly what I have been trying to find for about 2 weeks now! *smacks self in forehead*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781