Dialing "011" in front of some contacts?

tomkern

May 2, 2010
Visit site
So my Incredible will randomly dial "011" in front of contact phone numbers. The trigger seems to be when I use the (xxx) in the area code.

I've gone through and taken out the parenthesis on my contacts. However Urban Spoon keeps the parenthesis and passes them to the dialer app.

Any way to turn off the "011" dial assist?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
What if you edit the IDD Prefix and remove the 011? FWIW, all of my contacts use the (xxx) format for area code, and I have yet to run into this issue.

JF

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I am getting the same problem.

From apps such as Urban Spoon and even direct dialing from contact lists, the 011 pops up.

I have turned off the Assisted Dialing and it is still showing up.

I have a HTC Droid Incredible.

JF

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The screen will not allow the input to be blank. It defaults back to the 011.

Even from my contact list, when I hold down to direct dial, I get the "011" and the call jumps to international dialing.

Anyone else experience this?

I am in the Phoenix area and we have 3 area codes - 480, 602, 623.

My mobile # has 602 area code and it doesn't add the "011" when I direct dial another number with the 602 area code, but when I dial 623 or 480, the "011" comes up.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Did you try the suggestion from post #4?

Yes. But no dice.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomkern

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Phoenix area too, tried both the above suggestions with no luck. Ultimately what I've ended up doing is going through my contacts and taking out any spaces and any "(" or ")" that were in my contacts.

That seems have made most it stop. At least I haven't had it happen since I cleaned up the contacts.

As for urbanspoon issue I've gotten around by just not using the built in call button.

JF

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, what a pain in the tail that is going to be for me.

I have a corporate contact list and Exchange and everyone's contacts are linked together, so unless everyone on my list (hundreds) will go and take out spaces, extenions, etc, I'm screwed.

:(

sndeh

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i had the same issue when i had entered an extension after the 10 digit phone number without a "w" or "p". putting the W took care of the 011 issue. Now i just have to remember to take the phone from my face so that the screen comes alive.

Bveal

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Phone dials 011 in front of contact number

Finally figured this out.... This is due to how the number is input in gmail. If the number is in the gmail contacts as (XXX) XXX-XXXX xXXX it will dial 011 in front of the number. Change the number to be (XXX) XXX-XXXX,, XXX with two commas and a space and then the extension number and it will dial great.

USFbobFL

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC Incredible also (2.2) and I use only gmail contacts. I have the same issue with the phone adding a 011 prefix when I press a contact in my call history. I have just now disabled the assisted dialing to see if that helps. Other than this, I love my droid. btw, I removed all formatting from the numbers that I was having issues with, but it did not help. None of my contacts have more than 10 digits (no extensions). I'll post again later if the issue is resolved.

balddogger

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
same problem

so much for a "smart" dialer, eh? I tried using "Dailer One" and the same problem, addes the "011".

My contacts are listed w/ "+1 (XXX)XXX-XXXX. This was how BlackBerry need'em so it would auto dial when traveling outside the us.

anyone have a solution? this one is killing me!

Laura345

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
My Droid 3 added 011 in front of any phone numbers that I had notes in the field after the phone number such as "(212) 666-6666 building super" tried to call Morocco until I removed "building super."

cridley66

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone dials 011 in front of contact number

Finally figured this out.... This is due to how the number is input in gmail. If the number is in the gmail contacts as (XXX) XXX-XXXX xXXX it will dial 011 in front of the number. Change the number to be (XXX) XXX-XXXX,, XXX with two commas and a space and then the extension number and it will dial great.

This worked great! thank you, thank you, thank you.....

Senior_Citizen

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I just switched from a Galaxy S4 to a Galaxy note with Verizon now I'm getting 011 inserted in front of my voice command text messages. Any known fixes?