Stuck on HTC spash screen, did research, Stuck need help now...

themuzz

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok I got a used Incredible from a friend who said the software was funky and it was stuck on the White HTC boot screen, so far I followed these directions but when I press the power button at the end of stage 4 it resets the phone to the HTC splash screen again, I never get the confirm stage 5.

Hard reset the HTC Droid Incredible; Android powered smartphone. This will remove all data from the device and set it to factory defaults.
1. Turn the phone off. If it?s frozen, pull the battery from the device, then replace it.
2. Hold the Volume Down button and press release the Power button.
3. Keep holding Volume Down and wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release it.
4. Press Volume Down to select Clear Storage, and then press the Power button.
5. When prompted, press Volume Up to confirm your selection.
The HTC Droid Incredible will then restart and the hard reset will be complete

I also downloaded a factory RUU but when I run that I am getting Error [170]: USB Connection error, but I installed all the right drivers for it and windows XP and Vista recognizes it.

Whats my next step to get this thing back up and running???

themuzz

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stuck on HTC spash screen, did research, Stuck need help now.

Menu reads as followed:
INCREDIBLEC XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16AB
RADIO-2.15.00.07.28
Jul 23 2010, 18:06:51

Also when I get into the menu and it flashes quickly it reads (had to capture it on my video camera):

SD Checking...
Loading...[PR31DIAG.ZIP]
No Image!
Loading...[PB31DIAG.NHH]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[PB31IMG.ZIP]
No Image!
Loading...[PB31IMG.NHH]
No image or wrong image!

themuzz

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Now I have tried to copy PB31IMG.ZIP to the sd card, once in HBOOT it saw the file, loaded the file, but then got stuck or locked up on the "checking of the file". I could really use some help here guys, I have been droidless for a month now...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

S-ON is not a good sign. That means that you can't load unsigned recovery or HBOOT.

Try re-rooting the phone with Unrevoked at unrevoked.com. You will have to uninstall HTC Sync and load the HBOOT Drivers they have on their Wiki. (Click the more information link on the Inc page for a link to the drivers)

themuzz

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Ok as an update: I have been working on this all day. I tried multiple PB31IMG.ZIP files non working, finally ripping one out of a ROM I found one that worked to get past the checking, the phone finally gave me the next question about would I like to update or not. Move the volume slider to click yes and it started, first one is the bootloader, it said a couple things then OK, but that's when the screen when black. I would assume the phone is now off and it never finished. Any help here I feel I am getting closer just need some help...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Which PB31IMG's were you flashing?

PB31IMG is a file name used to flash a number of things like HBOOT images, Recovery images, System images, Splash screens, boot animations...

What was it you were flashing and where did you find them?

themuzz

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I have no idea but it locked up for 30 min did nothing and I had no choice to pull the battery, now I am afraid I bricked it as it wont turn on or charge anymore, is there ANYTHING I can except make this worse, I have wasted all day on this fing thing...:'(

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Try taking the batery out and then hold the power button down for 60 sec. then put the battery in again. See if you can get into HBOOT.

If there is still no power, no screen flash or anything you may have bricked it. The PB31 Stock Froyo contains a radio. If the file was corrupt then it could have bricked the phone.

Sorry dude.

themuzz

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Yeah it must be toast, I was trying to take it back to the original Verizon RUU, It made it only a few steps in and froze. There has to be someone out there that can reflash these boards right? I mean the electronics are good, it just doesn't know how to turn on or charge cause its brain dead right? Seams to me there always has to be a work around if the electronics are good... Yes, no, maybe lol?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

If it got borked during the Radio flash there is no way to unbrick, as far as I know. There may be others with more radio experience who can chime in.

skaterboy13

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Flashing same radio twice will brick ur phone I have done it before update ur radio to a newer radio then flash the stock image NEVER FLASH THE SAME RADIO TWICE