Who Uses Live Wallpapers On Their Incredible?

andyandroid

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone! Just wondering who uses live wallpapers on their Incredible? I'm a little scared to use them 100% of the time because I feel like my phone gets hotter when they're on and I'm worried about battery consumption. So who uses a live wallpaper all the time and how does it affect heat and battery life?

hcole623

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed the transitions between swiping between home screens are laggy when using a live wallpaper, so I quit using them.

Anyone else notice that?

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't use them. I'm OK with a photo background, and I figure the live backgrounds have an impact on battery life. Though minimal, I'd rather have those few percent...

handbra#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was using a free Droid eye live wallpaper. I checked the battery usage and the wallpaper was over 40%. I changed it immediately and haven't looked back.

R

Roy Aguilera

I do. They use the most minimal amount of battery and have not noticed any heat.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i was using the galaxy one for a while, and then the novelty wore off and i decided whatever little battery i can save from it is more important than slight animations.

maybe it'll go back on once i can get a slightly larger battery...

pmasinvest

May 1, 2010
Visit site
They only draw juice when they are on/displayed. They really don't use all that much power. On my moto droid, they would make the phone lag even when over clocked. But on the incredible, I see no difference.
Also on my droid i saw no battery life change while using them as opposed to using a static wallpaper. I will do a test today on the incredible but expect the same results.

anon(7923)

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes...love the nexus mod wallpaper. I'm sure it will get old...but I have a lot of folks at work asking about my phone...they always think the wallpaper thing is way cool.

R

Roy Aguilera

There is way too many good ones to ever get bored (NexusMod, Seeds of Life, Galaxy 3D, Earth, Shake them all....ect)
Plus I hear some developer that has a top selling weather app is also making one ;)

mike pertz

May 2, 2010
Visit site
aniPet Koi is pretty interesting too. You can feed the fish and they react if you try to "touch" them.

thats the one i have, the free version. You can change how many fish, and between 20 different breeds of fish and the speed of the fish and the speed and presence of lily pads, and you can feed the fish your icons. Really sweet.

If you go menu/settings/about phone/battery/battery use. It shows my live background ( which is more interactive than most ) is only using 2% of my battery ( Im guessing since last charge ) So pretty negligable. And i notice 0 lag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34