Anyone tried Skype?

JohnnyBeGood

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm waiting for HTC EVO to be released and then I'll make a switch but I was wondering if anyone used Skype on new Incredible?
How is the call quality, any cut outs?

I've played little bit with friends HTC Hero using Fring and for the most part it was ok but sometimes person on the other end just cuts out for second or 2 and same happens they say it happens on my end (they're using desktop app).

Reason why I chosen to ask Incredible users is because specs are somewhat similar to HTC EVO.

Thanks!

xtremeviper02

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm waiting for HTC EVO to be released and then I'll make a switch but I was wondering if anyone used Skype on new Incredible?
How is the call quality, any cut outs?

I've played little bit with friends HTC Hero using Fring and for the most part it was ok but sometimes person on the other end just cuts out for second or 2 and same happens they say it happens on my end (they're using desktop app).

Reason why I chosen to ask Incredible users is because specs are somewhat similar to HTC EVO.

Thanks!

I have used it from PC to Droid Incredible and BB to Droid Incredible sounds great either way. Have fun

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
so far i've only used it for messaging (just to try it out to see how it differs from the BB app.

i'll probably make a call or two this week and let you know what i think of it.

but what i've used is decent, but i'm not a big skype person anyways

JohnnyBeGood

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
so far i've only used it for messaging (just to try it out to see how it differs from the BB app.

i'll probably make a call or two this week and let you know what i think of it.

but what i've used is decent, but i'm not a big skype person anyways

Please let me know. I'm kinda curious.

venture996

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It randomly deleted contacts

I had Skype installed until I realized it was randomly deleting contacts. This went on for a few weeks and as soon as I uninstalled Skype it stopped. Odd, but it definitely went on. Be careful if you install it.

junipertodd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have Skype installed on my DINC 2.2 and it has worked great for calling my friend who's also on Skype. Call quality isn't quite as good as direct, but it's good enough. No problems to speak of.