New to Droid...

kev83202

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm not getting this option - not sure how to make Handcent the default. :confused:

It's possible you've already made the default messaging app the default. Go to settings> applications> Manage applications> scroll down to messages and press that then press clear defaults.

Can somebody tell me how to disable haptic feedback in the messaging app?

Menu> settings> Language & keyboard> touch input> text input> uncheck vibrate when typing.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
2. When in people, how do you find someone quickly like for instance how do i get to the Js quickly?

This is a slight annoyance for me, too. When looking at People there is no way to dial numbers or type letters. The fastest way to use it, though, is to slide your finger either up or down (with a swipe motion) to get the contact list moving. Then, on the right hand side, you'll see a small bar appear that travels up/down the side. If you then tap on that slider while it's moving, you will "take control" of it and can slide it up and down. As you slide it, letters of the alphabet appear beside it so you can quickly move through the alphabet.

I'm hoping they'll eventually implement an option where I can just type a letter instead of going through all of that.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's possible you've already made the default messaging app the default. Go to settings> applications> Manage applications> scroll down to messages and press that then press clear defaults.

Thanks for the tip - however, it says No defaults set and the "clear defaults" button is grayed out. :(

Pluckyduk8

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm also new and thought it would be easier to post here...two things I haven't been able to figure out...

1. When I am making a new event, I would prefer my reminders to default to "none" instead of 5 minutes, but I don't have that option.
2. On calendars, I would like to categorize them or make them different colors or something. My husband says I have to do it by making a different calendar on google online and then getting that on the droid, but is there any way to categorize them on the droid itself within one calendar?

Angel_Shooter

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
2. When in people, how do you find someone quickly like for instance how do i get to the Js quickly?

Didn't know if you got an alternative for this yet (if so, sorry).

I like to be able to start typing in people and have people with that letter in their name filter down so I can pick from them faster than scrolling so I got rid of the normal HTC People icon that looks like a rolodex card and added the "Search People" icon instead (applications -> Search People) Looks like a person with a magnifying glass on it. Now i just start typing their name and they pull up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze