Android Visual VM vs. VZW Visual VM

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think they are both Verizon, it's just that the app in the Market is different. So yes, $2.99 a month.

If you're not willing to pay that much, I highly recommend Fusion Voicemail. It's not as visually pleasing, but it's free and it works well.

Others will recommend YouMail.

If you have Google Voice (remember: do not posts requests asking for an invite), then that would be your best alternative.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Also, if you guys haven't launched the app before, and you haven't signed up through Verizon, launch it and see if it requires you to sign up for the service. It will tell you if it's 2.99 a month or not before it activates. I could be totally wrong about them charging for the built in app. I'm already a VVM subscriber, so I assumed that's why I wasn't informed of that when I launched it the first time.

TheStig

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I prefer google voice for visual voicemail. Youmail does have some good sounds in their library, but their service is somewhat sketchy.

jyoung

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes you do. It's just a version specifically designed for Android Incredible. 2.99 a month no matter which version you have.

Great Thanks. I already use VVM on my BB Storm and want to carry it over to my new Inc. (Coming Soon). Do you recommend the Android version?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Great Thanks. I already use VVM on my BB Storm and want to carry it over to my new Inc. (Coming Soon). Do you recommend the Android version?

if you're already paying, then the one that HTC has built in is nicer looking than the specific verizon app. they both use the same service so you don't need to do anything.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
The last time I tried to install VZW's VVM app from Market on the HTC Incredible, it installed, but when I went to run it, instead it told me to uninstall it and use the built in one.

Last edited:

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I think they are both Verizon, it's just that the app in the Market is different. So yes, $2.99 a month.

If you're not willing to pay that much, I highly recommend Fusion Voicemail. It's not as visually pleasing, but it's free and it works well.

Others will recommend YouMail.

If you have Google Voice (remember: do not posts requests asking for an invite), then that would be your best alternative.

I like YouMail but don't think the visual-voice mail

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek