battery use shows android system using 65% of my battery

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Have all of you read the battery sticky ('Battery Life Not Lasting')? I was having pretty poor performance at first, then changed this setting and have seen a pretty big difference. I've been unplugged for about 7 hours and was thrashing pretty hard on it earlier (internet access, installed a few things, uninstalled them, etc) and still am at 70%.

seucode

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
think logically. if you're seeing "android os" using 90% (or whatever) or any other system process using 90%+, its because you're not using anything else. SOMETHING has to be using the battery, so whatever is running is being reported as using the dominant share of the power...

its like reporting that you've been sleeping 90% of the day when you're hungover. it may be true, but the percentage is outrageous because that's the only thing you've done all day...

I'm sure most of us understand that already. Ideally, the "SOMETHING" that I want to consume the highest percentage would be Cell standby and Phone idle, especially when I have the phone asleep in my pocket.

Having Android System taking a large percentage means that the phone is using quite a bit of battery doing something other than idling while it's supposed to be idle. Low and behold, it seems that the weather/clock widget was the culprit in my case.

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible comes with a smaller than usual battery (1300mAH), that is the same size battery that comes on the smaller to Android phones such as the Cliq or MyTouch 3g that have slower processors and use less battery power to run.

You can try lowering your screen brightness and removing widgets. For example, the Engadget widget uses alot of battery. Other than than, you can carry around an extra battery.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure most of us understand that already. Ideally, the "SOMETHING" that I want to consume the highest percentage would be Cell standby and Phone idle, especially when I have the phone asleep in my pocket.

Having Android System taking a large percentage means that the phone is using quite a bit of battery doing something other than idling while it's supposed to be idle. Low and behold, it seems that the weather/clock widget was the culprit in my case.
even with those being the most used on my device i am only going to get 20 hours with the 1750 battery probably. and that also means in NOT using the phone much which is true. so its give and take for sure

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
That simply means that the Android system is 65% of what has been using your battery. Not that it used 65% of it. Ideally, Android system would be at 100%, everything else at zero.

This is the best response besides indiana jones and the hangover, lol, love that. You have to look at it relatively , if you are doing nothing the system should use the most of the battery. relatively meaning that if you drop 15% and look at it it should say that Android System used 70-80% of that 15%. It doesn't mean that you are using 65%of your total battery. There are many threads across the forums about battery life, please try and search before posting as it push actual useful threads to the back and clogs the forum with things that have been answered a hundred times.

seucode

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is the best response besides indiana jones and the hangover, lol, love that. You have to look at it relatively , if you are doing nothing the system should use the most of the battery. relatively meaning that if you drop 15% and look at it it should say that Android System used 70-80% of that 15%. It doesn't mean that you are using 65%of your total battery. There are many threads across the forums about battery life, please try and search before posting as it push actual useful threads to the back and clogs the forum with things that have been answered a hundred times.

Yet again, Cell standby and Phone idle are the ones that should be using the greater percentage of battery ideally if your phone is mostly idle or asleep. Not Android System.

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
Yet again, Cell standby and Phone idle are the ones that should be using the greater percentage of battery ideally if your phone is mostly idle or asleep. Not Android System.

I will post this subject tomorrow as there is a lot of info that is being left out here. This isn't black and white. You have point and are on the right track. There are many things that affect this info and most people get confused when looking at it. Just to note, I get 17-19 hours of battery life With heavy use, with no apps that are "supposed" to help. Android does great by it self if you know what's going on.

Last edited:

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Something is always going to have to use most of the battery whether its Android system or the display. Honestly I am glad that the display doesn't eat the battery like it did on my moto Droid.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I've found that when I powered my phone completely off and restarted it, the android use went way down. I've done nothing on the phone since unplugging it this morning except check emails that came in last night, and androids usage is at 4%.

I think its quite possible that the high percentage numbers for android system - remember mine was at 92% - are from the initial setup of the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084