brcmbluetoothservices
systemupdater
sync feeds
com.android.incrediblec
android system
vpn services
settings
htc widget download manager

why is all this running and how can i kill it? have disabled bluetooth and vpn and am using advanced task killer...any ideas?

seucode

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Noticing the same thing here. Android system uses more battery than anything else. The core background processes running there must be incredibly draining.

Edit: removed the duplicate info that you inclcuded in the op.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
That simply means that the Android system is 65% of what has been using your battery. Not that it used 65% of it. Ideally, Android system would be at 100%, everything else at zero.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine was showing android was using 92% of the battery lol.

I don't know what it means as far as battery life goes, but for me, I can make it a whole day before having to be plugged in. I think some freak when they see the battery down past half way....doesn't mean its dead....just low.

Kinda like a car maybe....like you get 200 miles till your guage reads 50%, and then another 120 miles and it reads empty. Where did the 80 miles go?

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Android System is your entire OS. You can't kill it. Like it was stated above, ideally you would want Android System to be 100% of your battery consumption if you're not using anything else (standy by) will also be on there.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
And for those of you that start killing processes with task managers: Before you start new threads about phone crashes, lock ups, force closes, and other weird & random problems, please remove your task manager and see if those issues go away.

seucode

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Wow, this may be premature, maybe someone can confirm this. I had the Weather/Clock widget on my homescreen and got around 86-92% battery used by Android System. After removing the widget, Android System is taking 16% of the battery and my phone is still up and running.

This is the first time that "Phone Idle" is actually using a higher percentage than Android System! :p

Edit 2: Yeah, removing the weather/clock widget drastically reduced the power Android System was using.

Last edited:

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Today is my first full day of use of this phone. I got it in my hands last night and told the guy at the store to plug it in before I picked it up. I used it last night setting everything up on it. Plugged it in last night. Hasn't been on the charger all day and it has been used I would say moderately throughout the day and I still have about 65% of my battery left. Things I did to improve battery life (can also be seen in Cory's batter life post on page one of the forum) are:

1. Turn off WiFi when you aren't using it.
2. Turn off Bluetooth when you aren't using it.
3. On your weather apps like Weatherbug, turn off GPS support.
4. Uncheck the box for Use GPS satellites in Settings/location. If you need to use the GPS function, turn it on, but make sure you have your phone plugged into a car charger.

Read Cory's full post on saving your phone's battery and I don't think you will have an issue with battery life anymore!

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
think logically. if you're seeing "android os" using 90% (or whatever) or any other system process using 90%+, its because you're not using anything else. SOMETHING has to be using the battery, so whatever is running is being reported as using the dominant share of the power...

its like reporting that you've been sleeping 90% of the day when you're hungover. it may be true, but the percentage is outrageous because that's the only thing you've done all day...