Default primary phone for contact

pakman#AC

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to change the default primary phone for contacts. It seems to pick the mobile phone for everyone in my exchange contact list, but I really would rather have the work number

homsie

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Go into people, select the contact that you want to set the primary number for, long press on the desired number, select "set as primary number".

marcusandroicus

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Gawd, I was steaming over this for a month...thanks for answering to this post!

I love my 'droid but I sure wish it had come with more than the minimal "user guide". They tell you that you CAN do something, but they don't tell you HOW! I almost looked for a "Droid for Dummies" book...but I'm glad I found this forum first. Wish I knew how all of you got so smart without a manual!

:eek:P~~~

SirLoin

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar problem, I sync my Droid Incredible with ACT! Pro 2012 and when I call from my mobile, on some of my contacts the number rings their fax. Sure enough in the Android contact list, their fax is set up as primary! Not most of my contacts but I have called 3 - 4 fax numbers in the last month, annoying, specially on the road. I will contact CompanionLink and ask why.

bobdrad

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This post is rather old, and this method does not work for me with a Samsung Galaxy 4, Android 4.3. I don't know if it's a difference in Android version, or whether Samsung has replaced the Contacts app with their own. In any case, the following works for me:

Go into contact in either the Contacts or Phone app (there is no People app any more). Select the menu, and click "Mark as default". That will give you a list of phone numbers (and email addresses) and you can select the one you want to be primary/default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair