Ok, so I was looking around for any news on the update and ran into this page. It says its the "official" update for Dinc. Can one of you gurus take a look at this and see how credible it is?

Thanks!

[Updated: Instructions Change] Exclusive Download: Official Gingerbread Build For The HTC Droid Incredible
    08-24-2011 04:41 PM
    I haven't installed this, but you might find some interesting insight in this post:

DROID Incredible Gingerbread Update Available for Manual Upgrading - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    08-24-2011 09:05 PM
    There are several leaks of the OTA floating about. These look to be full loads, meaning that they have new Radios, and all associated images, HBOOT, Recovery and the like. If you are rooted and run this you will loose root, and as the posts say it will do a full wipe of your system.

The downside to this is, the articles suggest, is that you will be off the upgrade path and if a new build is approved, it may or may not play nicely with this build.

So.... Caveat emptor. If you are running Stock, your best course of action is to wait for the OTA. If you are rooted, there is a rooted OTA link in the ROM's and Mods HQ2 thread.
    08-24-2011 09:40 PM
    If you are stock, just wait for the official OTA. If you're rooted, try the rooted OTA links.
    08-24-2011 10:49 PM
    Has there been any news on when the OTA release will be?
    08-25-2011 12:30 PM
    I am going to be pissed if the Droid 2 gets their update before we get ours, re-released
    08-25-2011 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD