Enabling Password Lock?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to enable the password lock as required by some Exchange ActiveSync configurations?

ds28

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to post something similar. (I don't mean to hijack your thread, I think we're asking a very similar question)

I'm also looking for some sort of password lock with a TIMED delay. I'd even settle for the Android pattern lock. I searched, but couldn't really find anything. The default pattern lock seems like an all-or-nothing deal, and I don't want to enter the pattern every time the screen shuts off.

Is there some way to have the phone lock after a delay, like 10 minutes?

ds28

May 4, 2010
Visit site
to clarify: I was hoping that someone could chime in re: setting up a grace period for a lock screen, either via an app or an ActiveSync policy.

I'm not asking about overriding or disabling the ActiveSync/Exchange instant lock-screen problem that some users have. Rather, I would like a lock screen with a grace period (10-20 minutes?) I am coming from BlackBerry where I was able to have my phone lock after 20 minutes of non-use.

I contacted my Exchange host to see if they would do a custom ActiveSync policy for me, but I haven't heard back yet. I also don't even know if a time delay is an option via Android, or if it's only instant-lock as some users have commented.

ds28

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I installed PatternControl and it does just what you want. seems to be working ok so far.

I just saw that in another post and am giving it a shot as well. It's great that someone made the app... I'm just surprised this isn't part of the native lock feature. I otherwise love Android though.

Also, I've just noticed that since enabling this, my Exchange sync "breaks" until I unlock the phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz