Voicemail Speed dial

sndeh

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to edit the speed dial for voicemail. i would like to add a pause and my password.

thanks

Last edited:

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
(I don't think you can, unfortunately...at least not that I can figure out. On past phones what I've done is just create a second speed dial shortcut and put in the pause and password and just not use the default speed dial.)

EDIT: I figured it out...
Go to your home screen, hit Menu > Settings > Call > Voicemail settings > long press on "voicemail number" and then edit the voicemail number there. I assume that that will change the speed dial number (though I haven't checked myself).

Last edited:

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
When you edit your voicemail, AFTER the *82 that is already there put a comma (pause) and then your password. Works like a champ!

SirKeats

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
anyone know of a way to override the face sensor? seems to me that my password isn't dialing until i pull the phone away from my face. i think when the sensor blacks out the screen, it prevents any dialing.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
(I don't think you can, unfortunately...at least not that I can figure out. On past phones what I've done is just create a second speed dial shortcut and put in the pause and password and just not use the default speed dial.)

EDIT: I figured it out...
Go to your home screen, hit Menu > Settings > Call > Voicemail settings > long press on "voicemail number" and then edit the voicemail number there. I assume that that will change the speed dial number (though I haven't checked myself).

thanks for the tip. i use google voice so this will allow me to set another number for speed dial 1! awesome.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
anyone know of a way to override the face sensor? seems to me that my password isn't dialing until i pull the phone away from my face. i think when the sensor blacks out the screen, it prevents any dialing.

I would think if you could override it, it would be for every call dialed, not just this one, and that might prove annoying as well.

I had this happen to me the other day too. I simply pulled it away from my face, screen came back, it dialed password automatically, and I put it right back to my ear.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Yeah I noticed this too, not a big deal, just quirky and annoying. But not a big deal now that I know.

MTCB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I appreciate the help, I could not figure it out. Had tried all of the old tricks. Still won't work from the application if I don't have a new message, but that takes care of most of the frustration.