Can't run apps without SD card?

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a few apps that I have installed, such as Key Ring, that will not allow me to save without an SD card installed. Some will not even run at all unless it detects an SD card.

I thought the the internal 8GB of memory in this phone would serve as that purpose. Is there a setting somewhere I missed to redirect apps to use the internal memory in place of the SD card.

If not, looks like I need to run to Best Buy and drop $10 for a 2GB Micro SD.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
There is a reason why many DI's shipped by Verizon included a 2gb MicroSD card.

Not sure who got them and who didn't but mine was rubber banded to the box when it arrived in the mail.

I instead installed an 8gb and will eventually replace it with a 16gb or 32gb down the road.

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
oh darn, I didn't get an SD card with my Incredible. It was an exchange from the Motorola Droid. Guess I'll have to pick one up.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
they're quite cheap, i bought an 8gb for $15 online, and got impatient and picked up a 4GB for $10 at staples.

i don't keep a ton of stuff on my phone, so the combined 14+GB should be plenty for me.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm hoping an update comes out soon (like a 2.1 r2 or something) that tells apps to look at /emmc as well as /sdcard.

or maybe when you find an app that needs the sd card, tell the developer about it. they should be able to code for it to look at /emmc as well and then release an update to their app.

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Adiliyo, that's actually sounds like a really great idea.

I just got a 2GB for now at Best Buy for $6 and change. Figure if I really need more, I can always upgrade.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante