Finally, Gingerbread for All DInc Owners! Part 2! Update's avail!

MissShayona

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My fianc?e has a DINC running stock and the update was pushed OTA this morning. Just installed and running great. He would've posted but he doesn't do forums. ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

prw166

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I did that. I followed your instructions except I used the .2 to .3 update instead of the froyo to gingerbread.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Finally, Gingerbread for All DInc Owners! Part 2! Update's av

The 2.3.4 OTA was waiting for me to install this morning.

drews66

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Muddy - You nailed it.... Right file, just figuring out the correct steps.... Nothing is ever easy...

These seem to be the wrong links no. My phone thinks it's an EVO with 4.3 inch screen and sprint in the market not verizon? How do I fix this now any help is aprreciated.

Mitch R.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I received the OTA update this morning. When it came back up, it didn't recognize any of my SD card apps. I'd powered the device off and back on several times and the issue persisted.

When I arrived at work I plugged it into the charger and shortly thereafter, the phone rebooted itself automatically. When it came back up, all my SD card apps were back.

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site

I received the OTA update this morning. When it came back up, it didn't recognize any of my SD card apps. I'd powered the device off and back on several times and the issue persisted.

When I arrived at work I plugged it into the charger and shortly thereafter, the phone rebooted itself automatically. When it came back up, all my SD card apps were back.

Mine did the samething, but after then showed up, I rebooted again and now won't recognize any of my SD card apps again. :mad:

EDIT: Unmounting and mounting the SD card made them show up again...I hope I don't have to do this everytime I reboot... :-\

Last edited:

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

I had the OTA waiting for me this morning too, but I haven't installed it yet. I want to wait a bit and get my SD card backed up and see what other issues others have with the update.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site

Looks like I'm updating my wife's tonight.

OK, tl;dr
I rooted her Inc. Will it still get pushed to her? Stock rom.
Can you use unrevoked to re-root after the OTA?

Bruinfanjb

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Am I missing something here? I installed yesterday from the link in this thread and it says I am running 2.3.4 but I really don't see much of a difference. It boots a little faster but other than that I don't notice any differences. Did I do something wrong?

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Am I missing something here? I installed yesterday from the link in this thread and it says I am running 2.3.4 but I really don't see much of a difference. It boots a little faster but other than that I don't notice any differences. Did I do something wrong?
the clock animation is a bit different, check in about phone, and hardware section see if anything is different there, otherwise a few subtle changes nothing crazy.

Bruinfanjb

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I guess I was hoping for something a little more drastic :) In any case, does anyone have any news about whether or not this will be able to be rooted at some point in the near future?

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

Looks like I'm updating my wife's tonight.

OK, tl;dr
I rooted her Inc. Will it still get pushed to her? Stock rom.
Can you use unrevoked to re-root after the OTA?

If you are rooted there is a rooted version in the root section. If you install the OTA on a rooted phone you may screw up your phone or loose root and have to wipe it and re root the phone to get root back.

Reactions: BSG75

launchallzig

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your help. I'm having major issues. This is beyond ridiculous. Still same problem, but when I connect my phone to the computer is shows the file in the root directory. When I look on the phone in the oi file manager it's not there. When I run bootloader I still get the no image message. UGH

I'm having the exact same issues... non-rooted trying to update from .2 to .3

Let me know if you come up with a solution.

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

check the file name, i know its something simple but check if its update.zip the name of the file and then go into hboot and select update from there

launchallzig

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

check the file name, i know its something simple but check if its update.zip the name of the file and then go into hboot and select update from there

Thanks Dark. I've checked the file name, FAT32 on the SD card, I've gotten the .2 to .3 file (6.7mb)

I get the error message that everyone trying to do the update has gotten. I figure it's a headspace and timing issue here, just stumped atm.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I wish I could. I know what I'm doing since I had no trouble installing .2. I even followed most of the instructions including formatting the sd card which took a long time. I do see that the file is in the right place using oi file manager and it is update.zip (not update.zip.zip) I just hope that when the ota update is available that it sees that I have .2 and lets me update to .3. If it just looks to see if I have gingerbread I guess I'm screwed. I'm having some issues with .2 so I hope I can update. The biggest one is trying to call people from my car with bluetooth. It never gets the name right and calls people in my phone book that I haven't spoken to in years. Awkward

anon(72777)

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Notified today of a system update on HTC Droid Incredible.
The phone is continually giving me "android.proces.acore has stopped unexpectedly." messages. It seems to be related to backup assistant I am also all of a sudden out of phone storage room. Contacts will not load.

According to HTC technical "assistance" I have to do a factory reset and reinstall all of my apps.:(

Any suggestions before the nuclear opton?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Dark. I've checked the file name, FAT32 on the SD card, I've gotten the .2 to .3 file (6.7mb)

I get the error message that everyone trying to do the update has gotten. I figure it's a headspace and timing issue here, just stumped atm.

You are using the wrong download. Use this one:
And the ota dl link to go from froyo to gingerbread!

http://android.clients.google.com/p..._WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
The MD5 I got is: dcba30a164327c4f6903abf0222c5e9a

And check this post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-droid-incredible/116534-ota-gingerbread.html#post1222770

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Notified today of a system update on HTC Droid Incredible.
The phone is continually giving me "android.proces.acore has stopped unexpectedly." messages. It seems to be related to backup assistant I am also all of a sudden out of phone storage room. Contacts will not load.

According to HTC technical "assistance" I have to do a factory reset and reinstall all of my apps.:(

Any suggestions before the nuclear opton?

Sorry man - They try to make the upgrade as painless as possible, but it does not always work out.

Try doing the backup steps in this post before you reset if you can:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...id-incredible-gingerbread-ota.html#post980677

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey