Stopped by the Verizon store today to play with the Incredible. Spent about 20 minutes and I was rather impressed.

The only quirk I saw in my limited time was that the unit was somewhat less responsive when the charger was plugged in versus when it was on battery power only. Probably not a big deal for most users.

Since I would be coming over from ATT, is there any advantage to making my purchase at the Verizon store as opposed to online or Best Buy, etc. From what I can tell there is a disadvantage to buying in-store in terms of having to wait for the rebate.

Will they waive activation fee, do an immediate rebate or anything else positive in-store??

Thanks!
    05-05-2010 01:38 PM
    Stopped by the Verizon store today to play with the Incredible. Spent about 20 minutes and I was rather impressed.

The only quirk I saw in my limited time was that the unit was somewhat less responsive when the charger was plugged in versus when it was on battery power only. Probably not a big deal for most users.

Since I would be coming over from ATT, is there any advantage to making my purchase at the Verizon store as opposed to online or Best Buy, etc. From what I can tell there is a disadvantage to buying in-store in terms of having to wait for the rebate.

Will they waive activation fee, do an immediate rebate or anything else positive in-store??

Thanks!
    I haven't noticed any lag when using while charging. I do this quite often in the evening.

In regard to purchasing... I never ever buy in store any longer. My Storm I bought at Best Buy and got an instant rebate applied back in 2008. My incredible was purchased online and I couldn't be happier. Rebates are instant and my activation fee was waved.

Personally, the store offers no benefit.
    05-05-2010 01:43 PM
    Probably only if they have a promotion going...or if you can prove another service..sprint..t-mobile will waive the activation fee.

It can't hurt to ask though. As for waiting for the rebate versus doing it online, they make it pretty easy for you by printing extra receipts and stuff...so long as you don't mind waiting a bit of time for your money.

I would ask them how they are doing the rebates though...I swear they switched to sending you like a gift card for "XX" amount of dollars as opposed to a check....I did mine online this time so it was instant, but I would clarify in store if you choose to do so, if that form of rebate would be a problem for you.
    05-05-2010 01:46 PM
    if you do it online.. there is no rebate. you automatically get $100 taken off i believe
    05-05-2010 01:55 PM
    if you do it online.. there is no rebate. you automatically get $100 taken off i believe
    You sir are correct.
    05-05-2010 03:20 PM
    Yeah the pricing is better, or should I say convenience is better online. With a new contract and instant rebate you will be out the proverbial door within 10 minutes, and you're phone will get there between one and two days. Only takes about 2 minutes to login to the site, setup your registration and *228 option 1 and 2 to activate the phone.

Not sure if they still charge in store or not, but what got me primarily using the site a couple years back was free activation too instead of $35. But that's been awhile ago.
    05-05-2010 03:41 PM
    If you plan on getting any kind of warranty/insurance on the phone, check out Best Buy. I'm not a Best Buy guy, but I buy all my phones there, because the prices are usually the same without need for rebate and IMO their warranty/insurance is much better than the VZW Assurion crapfest. Costs a little more per month, but no deductible and no refurbished phones.
    05-05-2010 05:06 PM
    i prefer calling VERIZON customer service. Ive always had great people and customer service each and everytime i call them. They are willing to take the time and help you out. I purchased my Incredible thru customer service and the rebate was already taken off the price of the phone and the phone is shipped overnight for free.
    05-05-2010 05:57 PM
    I bought mine at Best Buy, none of the VZW stores had any in stock. Best Buy gave the same price as the online VZW of $199 with the instant discount, and free 2MB SD card and no activation fee. Same as the website and phone in hand that minute. You may find a 20 dollar cheaper price on line but for $20 it was worth it to get the phone that minute. the in store Verizon price has they had one in stock was 399 but i'm sure they would have priced matched if i had said something. Nothing wrong with ordering online but why when you can get the same deal and get your phone at the same time. 30 return and their own insurance for 9.99 a month. It covers accidental damage. thats a big one right.
    05-05-2010 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD