View Poll Results: After testing your device, like in the car AND surface video, do you have any issues?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Just like the video

36 28.35%
  • No - Mine is perfect

76 59.84%
  • Sometimes, just not as bad as in the video

15 11.81%
08-13-2010 11:59 AM
70 123
tools
    On a side note, mine seems not to have this issue...knock on wood!
    05-08-2010 05:31 PM
    I have this same issue when my incredible is in a car dock. This never happened with my Eris.
    05-08-2010 06:43 PM
    Good to see I found this post. I have been surfing this forum and another Android forum since I made the switch from my 3GS to the Incredible. But last night, I hooked my phone up to the a cheap wall charger from MonoPrice. I believe someone linked it in this forum or the other. Anyways, as it was plugged in, I was going to make sure my alarms were set. However, I could not operate the screen (as posted the op posted on this forum). LoL, I was actually cussing my fingers for not working. But then I got out of bed and kept trying it. Nothing. Unplugged the phone, it was all fine. Plugged it back in, nothing. So I tried the HTC charger, and it worked fine. I tried 3 of my apple iphone/ipad wall chargers, all worked fine. The screen worked with each of them. However, the cheap one from MonoPrice did not let me use my touchscreen. I tried the cheap MonoPrice car charger. It worked fine.

Going back to the OP, I tried my car dock (old one from my iphone that is suctioned to the windshield), no problems at all. However, when I toss the Incredible on the couch, it does not work 50% of the time. I tried this with my dad's Incredible. Same, 50% of the time it will work or not work. Styrofoam? It worked on the styrofoam.

One thing my dad's phone and my phone has in common is the high gloss
    case. It was hard to tell, but did you have a case on yours?
    Happened with one of my cheaper chargers, but not an identical one. And yet, I can also reproduce the video.
    05-08-2010 06:56 PM
    Wow...interesting thread. I have the same problem on my sofa in cool temp SoCal. Not humid today at all.

I won't consider any docking station that doesn't plug into a power source, now. Thanks for the recommendation on a dock in an earlier post. Bookmarked it.
    05-08-2010 08:32 PM
    The issue could be either not enough humidity or not enough, there is a range somewhere for the screen to work. The issue however isn't what range you should be in but is your phone defective. I say it is if it stops working and anytime under normal usage conditions.
    05-09-2010 12:05 AM
    Post 1 has been updated...
    05-17-2010 08:09 PM
    Wasn't able to replicate, though I only tested with the phone on a wooden desk and on a plastic CD case.
    05-18-2010 07:15 PM
    My (Moto) Droid does this whenever the humidity gets over 80% (which is a daily occurrence here in FL). My Buddies 3gs gets a little weird as well, We found that leaving our phones in the AC for a little while fixes the problem. Sucks for us cause were usually working outside 8-10 hours a day.
    05-18-2010 07:21 PM
    I've had no problems with my Incredible screen or otherwise (knock on wood). I absolutely love it. It's head and shoulders above the Storm that I had. When apps are updated I don't worry about losing my data or having to back up my phone. I'm very glad I bought this phone.
    05-18-2010 08:07 PM
    I wasn't able to reproduce the problem until I set the phone on top of a kleenex box (couldn't find styrofoam).
    05-18-2010 08:12 PM
    rofl at this whole thing. My 6 year old running the thing has no problems.

Biggest thing...dont play with the $W@#%^%& phone while driving!
    05-18-2010 08:31 PM
    Ive been through similar issues with my Magic.... in the car phone holder it has to be connected to power to work as per usual.... without the power connected sometimes I can't get a button to press at all.

I build quite a high static charge in my car almost all the time so wonder if that has a connection???
    05-18-2010 08:46 PM
    i just did the test on my sofa. i have the bug. it works fine on my desk.
    05-18-2010 08:48 PM
    What if you were to put your phone in a silicone skin? I have mine in one. No problems here. By the way, I tried it without the cover, worked fine.
    05-18-2010 08:50 PM
    OP - are you a zombie?
    05-18-2010 08:58 PM
    I think this guy is a troll, I had mine since the launch and I've never had any issues, on the contrary the phones flies through everything.

I work with electronics, so I'm always putting it on top of different machines, surfaces, weird though.
    05-18-2010 10:11 PM
    I have had the Incredible since day #1. This was the first thing I found was a problem. Only a problem in car dock. It is intermittent but fairly reproducible daily. At first I was not sure if pressure on buttons from dock holder was causing it. Then when I touched back of the phone with a finger (thus grounding) & used thumb to touch screen there was no problem. I had Eris prior w/o same issue. Maybe as article contends that it is a grounding issue for capacitive screen with OLED tech.
    05-18-2010 11:24 PM
    I'm in Albuquerque, NM & I just did a bunch of the same tests as in the video & didn't have any problems with my Incredible. I tested on the Styrofoam, laying on the passenger seat of my truck, on my pillow & on my table, it worked perfect everytime.
    05-19-2010 12:49 AM
    I did not watch the videos but I did try testing mine in the car dock without it plugged in to the charger and definitely noticed the scrolling stuttering. This is probably why I sometimes have trouble unlocking via the pattern unlock. Just never made the connection to it jot being plugged in.

Edit - watched the video of it in the car dock. Haven't tried the same exact test but the issue looks similar to what I experienced. Will try the same test he performed tomorrow some time.
    05-19-2010 01:40 AM
    @igl007
    Good luck in solving the issue, I would ignore those who shout troll because they do not have the same issue.

The incredible seems like a great phone so I hope they fix the issue.
    05-19-2010 02:04 AM
    My phone works fine as well. Mine has been in a Body Glove case since day one. I can put the phone on any surface and it works fine. Depending on the plastic the case is made out of the phone basically is being operated one handed all the time since I am holding the case and not the phone. I know some plastics do conduct electicity to a degree but this case is felt lined then plastic body and then rubber coated.
    05-19-2010 07:10 AM
    I just tested this out, no problems I could detect. I have a case so thought that might be helping, so I removed it and tried out the naked Inc on various surfaces around the house with no issues. I pre-ordered mine so maybe this is an issue with phones that have come out since then? Then again, if you pre-ordered as well that would shoot a hole in that theory.
    05-19-2010 08:20 AM
    I have tried on many different surfaces and don't seem to have any problems. I'm glad because I tend to use my phone a lot in the car dock so that would be a bummer if it wouldn't work.
    05-19-2010 08:51 AM
    Weird grounding issues for sure.. Hopefully they can fix that on the next ones in production... I'm waiting till August when my contract is up and get the Incredible or whatever next awesome DROID comes out.
    05-19-2010 01:21 PM
    By August, at the rate Android devices are coming out there will probably be several more phones out lol.
    05-19-2010 01:33 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD