Unresponsive screen when not grounded (car dock, certain surfaces, not holding it)

After testing your device, like in the car AND surface video, do you have any issues?

• Total voters

bjgdal

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My two cents worth...

I haven't had a problem with this particular issue..I use the phone while it sits on my desk often and it seems to work fine. However, this morning I had a problem with the phone just basically freaking out. While typing a email reply it was flickering like crazy. Would get steady. Then later on internet it started scrolling back to the top of the page on its own, selected a link and went to that page on its own. I shut it down, restarted, back to internet same page and scrolled down then it scrolled to top on it's own and wouldn't let me scroll down. Other stuff has worked fine this AM. I removed two apps I had put on last night to see if that helps. Will clean screen and see how it goes. But thoughts are welcome.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with this particular issue..I use the phone while it sits on my desk often and it seems to work fine. However, this morning I had a problem with the phone just basically freaking out. While typing a email reply it was flickering like crazy. Would get steady. Then later on internet it started scrolling back to the top of the page on its own, selected a link and went to that page on its own. I shut it down, restarted, back to internet same page and scrolled down then it scrolled to top on it's own and wouldn't let me scroll down. Other stuff has worked fine this AM. I removed two apps I had put on last night to see if that helps. Will clean screen and see how it goes. But thoughts are welcome.

I would also try working the trackpad, clicking it, blowing air around it, cleaning it etc to see if it has any effect. I think it has worked for some.

igl007

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I recently flashed to Froyo on my Incredible and was pleasantly surprised to see that the "Unresponsive Screen" problem has been completely fixed. I tried it on 2 incredibles that suffered the problem and both responded as they should! Thanks to everyone that helped to bring this to the attention of HTC, and Google...
So happy flashing!

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

yeah i've been having that problem more frequently lately. i just restart my phone but it is annoyinmg

belogical

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently flashed to Froyo on my Incredible and was pleasantly surprised to see that the "Unresponsive Screen" problem has been completely fixed. I tried it on 2 incredibles that suffered the problem and both responded as they should! Thanks to everyone that helped to bring this to the attention of HTC, and Google...
So happy flashing!

good news! i didn't have the issue at all on my 1st phone. my replacement does have the issue, and it's annoying. just one more reason to want froyo!

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I got a GTMax cheap spare charger from Amazon for my Incredible. I plugged it in yesterday. After about an hour I noticed that while it was charging, my screen became almost completely non responsive. I could see the widgets on my main screen but the screen stopped responding to taps. I pulled out the Incredible and the screen became responsive again. Everything seems to be working - the screen is fine, sound is fine. Other charger I have did not cause a problem. I threw out the charger but now am nervous that I somehow screwed up the phone. I'm still in my 30 day period with Verizon. What do you think I should do?

bunjy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Reports on the forums seem to indicate that Froyo fixes this issue on the Incredible. We need an official release!

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
No joke. We should really be a priority for Froyo release.

(But I'm happy I can rest easy that it's a software issue and that I didn't damage my Dinc).