How in the hell do i get ringtones.. This is driving me crazy.. I read a thread that said to create a folder name ringtones and drag and drop. I tried that but i dont know where to look for the damn folder.. Lol .somebody please help.. Lol.. Is there a simple way to do this..
    05-05-2010 07:29 PM
    folder on sd card root named ringtones!
    05-05-2010 07:33 PM
    I did that.. but now when i unmount my sd.. where do i go to find that folder.. lol. im seriously loosing hair over this.. lo
    05-05-2010 07:35 PM
    hook to pc, create folder on sd, drag drop ringtones to folder, unmount phone. thats it! no need to find folder! go into settings and sound settings, then phone ringtone and fet it set for a few. you should see the new ringtones start to populate.
    05-05-2010 07:40 PM
    can the fact that i have handcent on my phone be screwing stuff up.. because i followed your steps and when i click on phone ringtone a lil box pops up sayin complete this action using : com.htc.app.htcringtonepickeractivity or the handcent icon..

When i click on the first one i see the ringtones that come with the phone. and when i click on the handcent icon i see my music that i sync'd..

is this like the iphone you have to change the format of the song for it show up as a ringtone..
    05-05-2010 07:47 PM
    Yes yes yes i got it now.
    05-05-2010 07:57 PM
    rback15

What did you do differently to finally see the ringtones on the SD card? Just so other readers can learn from your difficulties.
    05-05-2010 09:26 PM
    Xian.i.am

after I created the folder. i went to contacts and selected ringtones and just click on the first option it gives you(if you have handcent dont click on it) after that the ringtones started popping up. and to answer my other question no you dont have to change the format like the iphone.
    05-05-2010 09:33 PM
    on that note where can i find a DROIDDDDDDD .mp3 that DROIIIIIDDDDD ringtone that is on the moto droid?
    05-05-2010 11:20 PM
    Click this link:

DROID email/SMS alert sound We've all been cracking up at the "DROOOIIID!" sound around... - gdgt

First part of the thread download the droid-alert.wav file insert on the card and you are ready to go!
    05-05-2010 11:37 PM
    I created a series of folders on the device's internal RAM rather than the SD card: /media/alarms, /media/notifications, and /media/ringtones. The alarms in /media/alarms show up. The ringtones in /media/ringtones show up. But the notifications in /media/notifications do not. Any ideas?
    05-07-2010 06:57 PM
    I'm not sure, but I know if you create a notifications folder in the root of you SD card they show up. That's how I did mine anyways.
    05-07-2010 09:25 PM
    I don't have an SD card, but I created a "Media" folder in the root of the build-in memory.
    Inside that folder I put "Ringtones" "Alarms" and "Notifications" and put mp3s in each of those. Works flawlessly.
    05-07-2010 09:53 PM
    I don't have an SD card, but I created a "Media" folder in the root of the build-in memory.
    Inside that folder I put "Ringtones" "Alarms" and "Notifications" and put mp3s in each of those. Works flawlessly.
    yeah this is how i was able to get it to work as well. Glad i figured it out cuz the factory alarms were definately not doing it for me.
    05-08-2010 03:01 AM
    I do miss how easy it was to manage files, especially ringtones and wallpapers on the BB. Not hard here, just not as easy, or straight forward
    05-08-2010 11:24 AM
    I created a series of folders on the device's internal RAM rather than the SD card: /media/alarms, /media/notifications, and /media/ringtones. The alarms in /media/alarms show up. The ringtones in /media/ringtones show up. But the notifications in /media/notifications do not. Any ideas?
    I solved my own problem. Turns out the folder was /media/audio/notification (note the singular). When I renamed it to /media/audio/notifications (note the plural), everything showed up.
    05-09-2010 10:52 AM
    Yeah it matters if it's plural did anyone tell you that yet
    05-09-2010 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD