When the phone goes into sleep mode or when the screen times out is there a way to set this so that touching the touchscreen will turn it back on or the side volume buttons or something or do you have to press the top power button each time?
    05-05-2010 08:39 PM
    Power button each time.
    05-05-2010 11:58 PM
    This needs a fix...
    05-06-2010 09:08 AM
    Difference from hitting side button and top button?
    05-06-2010 02:18 PM
    This needs a fix...
    why? you want the phone to be doing things while it's in your pocket?

my solution was do download Keep Screen from the market. it allows you to set certain apps to cause the screen to never timeout. instead when it reaches your default setting for screen timeout it dims the screen to it's dimmest setting so that it conserves power but doesn't keep shutting the screen off. i use this for the browser, email, and all of my music apps.
    05-06-2010 02:39 PM
    Silly, are you a pocket dialer? I got no lock for the screen and it's great for @ work but walking around I like both safeties.
    05-06-2010 03:13 PM
    Touching the screen and doing the finger swipe would be enough. The power button is overkill (should only be an option)
    05-06-2010 06:16 PM
    Touching the screen and doing the finger swipe would be enough. The power button is overkill (should only be an option)

i disagree, If you have your phone in your pocket and it was they way you stated it would rub your pocket lining and keep turning the screen on. The manufacturer know this. Now, once the thing is rooted it will be possible to use the trackpad to wake it and not the power button. There also is a app, Lock 2.0 that allows you to change to a iPhone like lock screen with skins. I believe it may allow for other buttons to be used to wake the phone.
    05-06-2010 07:32 PM
    Yeah I like how it keeps the screen from coming on. I used to hate the idea but after a couple day use it has really grown on me. Give it time or get an app!
    05-06-2010 08:11 PM
    Is there a way to make the optical button power the screen on instead of the top button?
    05-06-2010 09:01 PM
    I would like the opinion to use the optical track pad like the iphone.
    05-06-2010 10:00 PM
    Me too.....
    05-07-2010 11:01 AM
    Is there a way to make the optical button power the screen on instead of the top button?
    Not at the moment, but that would be a great option to have.
    05-07-2010 11:06 AM
    The optical button would be an awesome wake up button. It would be a bit more convenient, but I can obviously live with what I got. A gesture wake up for on screen would be awesome too!
    05-07-2010 11:39 AM
    I'd like to have this, too, I hate having to hit the top button to wake it up, way too far. I like the side buttons better. or even no button at all just the slide on the screen.
    06-17-2010 03:52 PM
    I'm sure an app for that will be developed once we've had root for awhile and devs can have more access/control.
    06-17-2010 05:25 PM
    The opinion is all yours for the taking if you want it, the option on the other hand is a different story

HAD to say it. (In my opinion of course)
    06-18-2010 07:13 AM
    The opinion is all yours for the taking if you want it, the option on the other hand is a different story

HAD to say it. (In my opinion of course)
    There's one in every crowd....and if there is going to be one in this crowd it's gonna be ME! lol.
    06-18-2010 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD