Search Button not always working

kg_jettaIV

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Did a quick search and didn't find anything.

I'm having a lot of problems with my search button. It will not work most of the time, seems to have started happening more in the last 36 hrs or so, had the phone since Sunday. I have tried it on the home screen, Internet, Maps, but all I get is a little haptic feedback buzz, but nothing else happens. Any ideas?

homsie

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
When you say it won't work most of the time, do you mean that it doesn't bring up the quick search box or that it doesn't actually search when you enter text in the quick search box?

BTW, have you checked your searcheable items settings (menu->settings->searcheable items) to make sure it includes all of the things that you want to search?

kg_jettaIV

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It won't bring up the search box. When I can get it to come up, or manually get to a search box the search feature works fine. The box just won't open.

kg_jettaIV

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just found out what is causing it but would like to fix it. I am using Screen Mode Widget and always have it set so I don't have the lock bar, that's when its not working. Set it to the normal setting and it works fine. Guess I'll have to send the developer an e-mail.

kg_jettaIV

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So if I change to mode I have it in and then change it back it appears to work, but probably only for a while, looks like it is a bit buggy like this from the comments in the Market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20