keyboard issue

dnb#AC

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi know to forum, and just bought 2 Incredibles on 4/29.

2 keyboard issues:

Incredible Number 1 - in horizontal mode, the complete 3rd row of keys dont work. If you press them, the second row keys actually type.

Incredible Number 2 - keyboard won't go into horizontal mode.

Away on business until end of the week. When I get back, both are going back to the store for an exchange. Any advice???

bandit4

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I can think of for Incredible Number 2 is...

Settings>Sound & Display>Orientation...Make sure it is checked.

Last edited:

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
just a thought, but before you dismissed them as defective did you run either the g-sensor calibration wizard or the finger touch keyboard calibration tool? i would bet money you're wasting your and verizon's time by exchanging phones that are in perfect working order...

dnb#AC

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
well, Incredible #2 had to do with the Settings>Sound & Display>Orientation, so now it is able to rotate...thanks.

Incredible #1, sometimes it works after I do a G-Calibration, and then sometime it goes back to a the 3rd row of keys in horizontal not working at all.
I finally did a hard reset and erased all user data and start over...but still having issues, I had to use the voice recognition to say dave because I couldn't enter the "v" in dave to do the initial setup of my gmail account. For some reason "v" landed in the part of the keyboard that was not working in both horizontal and vertical mode.
Definitlely need to change this unit. I have also had it freeze and/or be unresponsive.

Also, I bought them both on 4/29

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a weird problem. If you have done the calibrations and it's still not working, then it sounds like the store you got them from may have gotten the unlucky batch. Swap em out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams