OTA Gingerbread!

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
They haven't patched the update yet, so the patch for the patch will depend on how badly the first patch sticks to the patched update... Or update... Patch.

Hunts99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Got the update in th middle of the night, apparently I clicked to cancel. Update not showing up. Will it update again if I keep checking or did I screw up the update?

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I received and installed the update this morning. FAIL!

Upon reboot, the dreaded 'Low on space' warning immediately appeared. Nothing I've tried has cleared the warning.

Icons for some of the app shortcuts on my desktops (IP Cam Viewer, Dolphin Browser HD; USA Today, Vlingo, Pandora, Audible) are missing; the text for the shortcuts is still there, but the app icons are gone. The same (and many other) apps are missing from the "All apps" list, too. AppBrain App Market no longer lists them, either. However, Settings > Applications > Manage Applications lists many of these apps, but with obscure names (e.g., com.rcreations.ipcamviewer) and no logo. I saw some messages earlier in this thread about this damage *perhaps* being related to apps stored on the SD card. When I try to move the problematic apps back to the phone, I get the message: "Failed to move application. The application does not exist."

My wireless credentials are lost; re-entering them isn't working.

I'm wondering whether I should wipe the phone?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
They haven't patched the update yet, so the patch for the patch will depend on how badly the first patch sticks to the patched update... Or update... Patch.

So what you're saying is, they'll pull the patch mid roll out due to issues with the previous pulled patch that updated the patch after the update to the patch that had issues with the original update.

timdgibson

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I received and installed the update this morning. FAIL!

Upon reboot, the dreaded 'Low on space' warning immediately appeared. Nothing I've tried has cleared the warning.

Icons for some of the app shortcuts on my desktops (IP Cam Viewer, Dolphin Browser HD; USA Today, Vlingo, Pandora, Audible) are missing; the text for the shortcuts is still there, but the app icons are gone. The same (and many other) apps are missing from the "All apps" list, too. AppBrain App Market no longer lists them, either. However, Settings > Applications > Manage Applications lists many of these apps, but with obscure names (e.g., com.rcreations.ipcamviewer) and no logo. I saw some messages earlier in this thread about this damage *perhaps* being related to apps stored on the SD card. When I try to move the problematic apps back to the phone, I get the message: "Failed to move application. The application does not exist."

My wireless credentials are lost; re-entering them isn't working.

I'm wondering whether I should wipe the phone?

I got the update as well last night. Applied it this morning and the install went perfectly.

I did get the Low on space warning too. I went first to Gmail as this was my culprit last time I got the warning. I deleted the data and uninstalled the latest update. That didn't do anything. So one by one I deleted the data from my apps. After I deleted the data from NFL Mobile the warning went away and has not come back yet.

Here's hoping it stays that way.

Tim

Htc fan

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I get the install now or install later coming up, and its getting annoying to keep pressing later. I'm rooted, however the only thing I've done since rooted is install Droid Wall, and AdFree. I've not screwed around with anything else. Anyone else in the same boat that has updated? Any issues? People keep saying dont update if rooted, but I only see it as inevitable that it will accidentally get hit to update. Thanks

cheeseman057

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
If you lost the games on your SD card, do what VZW suggested... Go into the application management, move them to the phone storage, run them once, then move them back... It may be time consuming, but you have nothing to lose.

They work now for some reason except they don't have their icon pictures instead they got the android robot with the green and white box.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the update notification at 1:15 this morning. I haven't applied it yet, as I am checking as much info as possible before I run it. My upgrade doesn't kick in untill January, so if this update kills my great phone, I will get a Rezound (which by the way, is a great snappy phone with a lot of features!). Are the only problems the low app data warning and the SD card app storage problem?

jr461

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Last night around 11:15PM I got the notification to update. I proceeded, however, I ultimately got left with a symbol of the phone with an exclamation point inside of a triangle over it, with nothing responding.

It stayed that way for a long time so I pulled the battery and it restarted. When it came back up it said something like "installation successful, you are now running 3.26.605.1". This is the same 2.2 that I had.

The phone has been fine since then and working the same as before. My question is, when I go into setting to check for system updates it says I have the most up to date.

Does it think it updated me? Is there another way to force the update (without rooting)?

Thanks.

user313

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the OTA update notice over night and proceeded with the update this morning. It was about 87 megs or something like that. I accepted the update and it was stuck on a screen that said rebooting for about 45 minutes. Eventually I rebooted the phone and it doesn't seem anything changed. It no longer lets me update and says I am up to date.

I am rooted but haven't changed much other than delete facebook, etc, using Titanium backup. I never tried to load any other GB versions or roms, etc.

I tried the *#*# trick and it says check in successfully but doesn't do anything.

I am at:

Android Version: 2.2
Baseband: 2.15.00.07.28

Any ideas?

P.S. I have been considering the Rezound as a replacement but I can see this happening for the ICS update too. F that!

Last edited:

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Last night around 11:15PM I got the notification to update. I proceeded, however, I ultimately got left with a symbol of the phone with an exclamation point inside of a triangle over it, with nothing responding.

It stayed that way for a long time so I pulled the battery and it restarted. When it came back up it said something like "installation successful, you are now running 3.26.605.1". This is the same 2.2 that I had.

The phone has been fine since then and working the same as before. My question is, when I go into setting to check for system updates it says I have the most up to date.

Does it think it updated me? Is there another way to force the update (without rooting)?

Thanks.

I did the same thing. I actually moved all my apps from the SD card in preperation of the update. I finally chose to update, "Rebooting in 10 seconds" countdown starts. I go to the john, come back to the phone and no update. "System up to date". What gives! Did I wait too long? I tried the *#*# trick, got the "Checkin successful" message and still no dice. This a little frustrating.

merx9

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing. I actually moved all my apps from the SD card in preperation of the update. I finally chose to update, "Rebooting in 10 seconds" countdown starts. I go to the john, come back to the phone and no update. "System up to date". What gives! Did I wait too long? I tried the *#*# trick, got the "Checkin successful" message and still no dice. This a little frustrating.

I am having the same issue, Mine said it was going to restart and install had the counter going down. I left for a few minutes came back and it just was at the same screen with the counter all the way down. I couldn't click cancel restart or anything but I could exit out. Did a manual reboot and nothing ever installed. Now I cant get the update at all... Damn Verizon just needs to release the nexus already

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae