Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
So what would be causing these messages when it attempts to apply the update:

" Failed to verify whole-file signature "
" Signature verification failed"

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
At one time I would have manually updated in a heartbeat.. but now I have a new cpu that I'm unsure of... my question is, Do I have to keep Background Data ON to receive the pushed OTA Update??

skunis1

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I dled the OTA file. Changed it to update leaving the .zip that was already there. I placed it in the root of my FAT32 verified SD card (/sdcard) and I go into HBOOT and I get nothing.

It keeps saying no image or wrong image.

What am I doing wrong?

mryananderson

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
You can still force the update. Once you're in HBOOT, scroll down with VOL down to recovery. Hit the power button, It will reboot again and you will see an icon in the middle with a triangle and "!". Then push Vol up and Power at the same time and you will see a menu with blue wording. You scroll down to Apply update.zip from sd card. hit the power button and it should start!

Reactions: bseblman

skunis1

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
You can still force the update. Once you're in HBOOT, scroll down with VOL down to recovery. Hit the power button, It will reboot again and you will see an icon in the middle with a triangle and "!". Then push Vol up and Power at the same time and you will see a menu with blue wording. You scroll down to Apply update.zip from sd card. hit the power button and it should start!
Ok thanks! Actually it didnt work. I get Error in /sdcard/update.zip

I had moved all my apps back to my internal storage and only have like 98MBs left. I am guessing that isn't an issue but who knows.

What now?

Last edited:

Bruinfanjb

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if it is possible to revert back to 2.2 and then be able to root? I know that root is not possible in 2.3.4. If it is possible, how do I do it?

prw166

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

I am having trouble upgrading also. When I go into hboot it says no image found. I tried to go through recovery and pushed the volume up and power button. When I try amd apply from the SD card it says Invalid operation and reboots itself. Any thoughts?

bseblman

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

This worked for me. It wouldn't or couldn't find the update.zip file for some reason (looked like it was looking for some other zip file name which zipped by too fast for me to see) the "normal" way, but the force update option is processing. Thanks!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Rename the file "update".....NOT "update.zip" on the SD Card. The zip extension will be added automatically. I did this with Windows Explorer

Great, thank you for this. My only complaint is that I wish your instructions specifically said that the file should ultimately be "update.zip" before I shut down -- Windows 7 does not automatically add a file extension.

I ended up with an "update" file (no file extension) & HBOOT froze.

Got it loading now, though. w00t!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Are there any intall instructions for Mac users?

The instructions are essentially the same for MAC, There is MD5 software for the MAC listed to check the download. Use the Apple Disk Utility to look at the Disk Format properties and to Format as FAT32 if necessary.

Hope this helps.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So what would be causing these messages when it attempts to apply the update:

" Failed to verify whole-file signature "
" Signature verification failed"

Ok. I dled the OTA file. Changed it to update leaving the .zip that was already there. I placed it in the root of my FAT32 verified SD card (/sdcard) and I go into HBOOT and I get nothing.

It keeps saying no image or wrong image.

What am I doing wrong?

I am having trouble upgrading also. When I go into hboot it says no image found. I tried to go through recovery and pushed the volume up and power button. When I try amd apply from the SD card it says Invalid operation and reboots itself. Any thoughts?

when i boot in hboot it doesn't recognize the update file. Any ideas? I have it on the 2GB SD card that came with the Dinc.

Please verify the following things:

Make sure you have the correct download. The full file name is listed in the Directions post on the first page.
SD Card is FAT32
The MD5 for the download matches the MD5 posted in the Instructions post
That the file name on your SD Card is update.zip; not update, update.zip.zip or any other variant. (You can boot your phone normally and use any file manager to look at the SD card)

If one of these things is not correct it will not work. This procedure works. It's been done by me personally several times today, and many others here have gotten it to work as well.

Be patient in HBOOT, it takes time for the process to read the card and find the file. The bigger your card/more stuff you have on it, the longer it will take.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Any comments on the specificity of the Sprint/EVO references? I'm hesitant to install this OTA if it's the wrong one!

It's not the wrong file - the file name is:
6f37e6f6b9ab.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZO N_WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip
and the EVO, though very similar to the DInc has different hardware and incompatible kernels. If it was the EVO flash (which was done ages ago) it would not work at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995