OTA Gingerbread!

Admodieus

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue, Mine said it was going to restart and install had the counter going down. I left for a few minutes came back and it just was at the same screen with the counter all the way down. I couldn't click cancel restart or anything but I could exit out. Did a manual reboot and nothing ever installed. Now I cant get the update at all... Damn Verizon just needs to release the nexus already

This is exactly what happened to me. Anybody know of a way to get the update prompt again after this happens?

mgeoffriau

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I asked the VZW Support on twitter when the patch would be rolling out.

@VZWSupport Has the update patch for HTC Incredibles started rolling out yet? I have the GB OTA alert, but want the patch too.

I got this reply:

@mgeoffriau Yes, an update has started pushing today. Will be pushed in stages. Here is info on the update: bit.ly/tXe8DE.^MSF

That bit.ly link leads to this address:

infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/CMS_DOCS/News_Center/National/HQ/PDFs/MR_Droid_Incredible.pdf

Which, as you can see, is a pdf document. Unfortunately, it's also a dead link.

EDIT:

They replied with a correct link:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/incredible_instructions.pdf

Last edited:

mgeoffriau

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Weird...I've been hitting the "Install Later" button on my DInc since this morning, just noticed that the notification is gone. Phone did not install update (still 2.2), did not reboot, just no more notification.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Weird...I've been hitting the "Install Later" button on my DInc since this morning, just noticed that the notification is gone. Phone did not install update (still 2.2), did not reboot, just no more notification.

maybe HTC pulled the update again. lol. if so, I hope they make one good update and push it to everyone another time.

mgeoffriau

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Rebooted the phone and the notification came back. I decided to allow the GB update, as the VZW twitter account just verified that the 4.08 update is being pushed out, and that you have to install the 4.06 update first before you get the 4.08 update.

All my apps were already on the phone, so here goes....

mgeoffriau

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So much for that. Similar to other people's experience, my phone counted down, the screen went black, I waited a couple minutes, phone didn't appear to be rebooting or doing anything, so I bumped the power button. Screen came right back as if nothing was going on. Checked version, still 2.2, so I rebooted phone. Came back up, still 2.2, no update in progress. Tried the #*#* trick, checked in, checked update status, says everything is up to date.

*shrug*

1776_1865_RIP

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Updated my wife's phone (stock pre-order from day one that didn't receive the update before) tried checkin to no avail for the new smaller update.

Went well but hung on the eye screen for a few minutes on the first boot. She has Sprint/4.3 misinformation now and boot times are around 1 minute but beyond that she says the phone feels faster and she hasn't had any oddities.

Had to do the unmount/mount routine for SD apps

ETA- Looks like my phone wants to run it now; I was thinking about a new ROM maybe stock will be it.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the Build 4.06 update earlier this morning and everything is still working fine. I moved my apps to phone storage before updating. Don't notice too much of a difference yet except for a few minor things like notification boxes a different color, copy/paste pop-up, etc....

user313

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly what happened to me. I wasn't even worried about the update but got sucked in when my phone said said an update was available. Now I have just been frustrated all day.

So much for that. Similar to other people's experience, my phone counted down, the screen went black, I waited a couple minutes, phone didn't appear to be rebooting or doing anything, so I bumped the power button. Screen came right back as if nothing was going on. Checked version, still 2.2, so I rebooted phone. Came back up, still 2.2, no update in progress. Tried the #*#* trick, checked in, checked update status, says everything is up to date.

*shrug*

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I followed those instructions and renamed the file using Root Explorer, but I keep getting the notification.

I can try to send the file....where do you want me to send it?

Don't sweat it - since it's been pulled the point is moot and the file you got is most likely the Original GB update. Thanks though and good catch.

Seriously though this update is is like Bizarro Android. Come on HTC, you are not Sony.

xonium

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Got my 4.06 update finally Monday night, installed yesterday.

Everything was fine (Market even showed Verizon) until I decided to restart my phone to make sure everything took effect.

Got everything fixed back with Launcher Pro etc yesterday at work, then awoke this morning to 4.08 waiting for me to update.

So I moved everything back to the Phone from the SD Card again, cleared the Cache and tried the update. Despite having 200+ MBs free phone space, I got the Not Enough Memory to Install This Update dialogue after it restarted.

Gonna try again shortly.

stonegateguy

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Got my 4.06 update finally Monday night, installed yesterday.

Everything was fine (Market even showed Verizon) until I decided to restart my phone to make sure everything took effect.

Got everything fixed back with Launcher Pro etc yesterday at work, then awoke this morning to 4.08 waiting for me to update.

So I moved everything back to the Phone from the SD Card again, cleared the Cache and tried the update. Despite having 200+ MBs free phone space, I got the Not Enough Memory to Install This Update dialogue after it restarted.

Gonna try again shortly.

Same thing happened to me!!! I had the 4.06 software from the first time arround. I woke this morning to to the 4.08 (8mb) update and and installed (or tried). The phone restarted and looked like it was doing something... then it booted and gave me the same Not Enough Memory to Install message... grrr I have plenty of room any where you look!

geckobabe

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the OTA yesterday and my DINC was fine and dandy...booted up fast, faster connection to WiFi. This morning I got another notification and figured it was the patch. Accepted it. It took it's sweet time doing it's thing. When it was done, I turned it off, took out the battery, etc. Well, I now have 4.08 and the boot up & connecting to WiFi is just as slow or slower than before :(

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I got the OTA yesterday and my DINC was fine and dandy...booted up fast, faster connection to WiFi. This morning I got another notification and figured it was the patch. Accepted it. It took it's sweet time doing it's thing. When it was done, I turned it off, took out the battery, etc. Well, I now have 4.08 and the boot up & connecting to WiFi is just as slow or slower than before :(

curious...
is fast boot still active in settings?
is your wifi network having its own problems? just wondering if may the network is slow, rather than the DInc.

geckobabe

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Fast boot has the checkmark and our Wi-Fi is running good on laptop..to clarify, Wi-Fi is running good on the DINC, just the connecting is taking longer.

glenn59

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is THANK YOU to all those who are on these posts! I'm not up on linux or any of this. Last time I tried programming, it was with an AMIGA DOS. Yea, that's right, even before pagers!

Folks here keep me from messin' up!

Thanks again!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol