Question About Storage on DINC.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to free up storage on phone. When I go into storage it shows
Internal storage-Total Space 748MB and Available Space 428 MB
Under Additional Storage/mnt/emmc it shows
Total space-6.60GB and Available space-6.55GB

I am not sure what the difference is but how do I get my Apps to the Additional storage space.
I would also like to free up my sd card so can I move pictures to the emmc storage

Last edited:

BallzDeep

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
internal space is your phone memory and your additional is your sd card. to move apps to your sd... go to menu, settings, applications, select any app and see if it lets you move to sd. or the app called advanced task manager does this for you.

the emmc in astro file manager is whats on your phone.i dont think you can move files from phone to sd or the other way around. i always have to copy the files, paste them, then delete.

hope this helps

Reactions: anicholas7

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Be careful with the internal emmc. If you ever have to do a factory reset it will wipe the internal storage, it will not wipe the SD card. Not saying not to make use of the space, just remember it's there if you ever need to do a reset.

Reactions: anicholas7

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. All my pictures are backed up on my computer so I am safe in that respect. I just needed some room on my sd card since its only 8gb.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Never can be sure though because with slower cards my DINC used to change from store on sd card to store on phone after taking videos.

Just something to be weary of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt