HTC Incredible - Gingerbread OTA - Current Issues

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
My father and I have had our DINCs since initial release April 2010. I called Verizon to explain all the issues that we have had since the Gingerbread update and that I have factory reset both phones twice, formatted sd card, internal phone storage, etc and they said they are sending me 2 Incredible 2's as replacements as well. I had to ask for a supervisor after they said my phones were out of warranty and just expressed my disgust and he put me on hold for 5 to 10min and boom.

didn't you have Total Equipment Coverage on your phones? If so, in addition to phone insurance it extends your manufacturer's warranty for as long as you keep that on the line.

coastalcarolina

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
didn't you have Total Equipment Coverage on your phones? If so, in addition to phone insurance it extends your manufacturer's warranty for as long as you keep that on the line.

I did at one point, but canceled it in March of this year. I figured that if I damaged my phone after the 1st year it would make more sense just to buy a new one, after the deductible, etc.

Little did I know that issues like this would arise from Android OS updates.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I did at one point, but canceled it in March of this year. I figured that if I damaged my phone after the 1st year it would make more sense just to buy a new one, after the deductible, etc.

Little did I know that issues like this would arise from Android OS updates.

Yep, didn't think about that... if the thing bricks due to a bogus update then we are also SOL :(

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Just found a new weird issue - when I look at my battery usage it says bluetooth is using 1% of the battery even though bluetooth is turned off and I've never used it EVER on this phone. Weird.

Tha_MonkeyClaw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok...

For those who wish to be warned before you do this update or to those who have and are wondering what issues there, this is for you:

I have the following issues: :-\

'location dialog' pops up on hard boot (battery pull or swap).

SD card has to be unmounted and remounted after hard boot (battery pull or swap). This is the only way to access any apps on the SD card.

Market shows the Incredible as a SPRINT phone (in the app section),

Display is listed as a WVGA 4.3 inch unit.

Anyone else wish to pile on?

Lego

The SD card issues explains one of the issues that I was having with one of my apps! As for the "location dialog" that doesn't bother me so much, just one click when you reboot your phone and it is gone again, more annoying than anything. The Sprint section is kind of funny, luckily I still found the Verizon apps on the market so no big deal, didn't even know about it until I read this thread! (still wonder how on earth they missed that and the 4.3" inch thing though?!)

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep, didn't think about that... if the thing bricks due to a bogus update then we are also SOL :(

Yeah, GB bricked my dinc. Have confirmed with Verizon that I have an official build. And yet I have all these issues. They are offering me to upgrade at my expense. One tech even offered to try and get a froyo build pushed back to my phone. How is this my expense when their software did this.???

jcritch

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My HTC-I stopped receiving text messages, after a hard reset called Verizon support. I can send texts, but not recv any. V support stated some HTC Incredibles seem to be having a issue after the update. My device warranty ended 2 months ago. I stated fine, send me instructions to re-flash rom back before G-Bread. Their solution is to send my re-furbed Incredible 2.

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
My HTC-I stopped receiving text messages, after a hard reset called Verizon support. I can send texts, but not recv any. V support stated some HTC Incredibles seem to be having a issue aftyer the update. My device warranty ended 2 months ago. I stated fine, send me instructions to re-flash rom back before G-Bread. Their solution is to send my re-furbed Incredible 2.

Do a Google search for inc8049.apk , this is the patch fix for text messages.

SparksGuy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the following issues: :-\
Anyone else wish to pile on?

1. 'location dialog' pops up on hard boot (battery pull or swap).
  2. Display is listed as a WVGA 4.3 inch unit.
  3. some apps have disappeared
  4. notifications were all set to default.
  5. Clock flips weird each time I return to the home screen.
  6. Constantly says Low Storage. But when it takes me to the app to correct my storage issues, I actually have tons of storage left. All my apps are on my SD card, and it says I have 501MB free for internal storage, and 258 MB free for RAM.
  7. My google calendar is no longer putting events in to my calendar. I put one it, press save and its gone. It doesn't show up in my online google cal either.
  8. My gmail is no longer notifying me of my emails. And when I go into Gmail app, there is only old emails in there...no new ones.
  9. My Fitness app for tracking calories no longer synchs
Menu-settings-SD & phone storage :
SD Card: Total 14.81 GB, Available=7.82 GB
Internal: Total 6.60 GB, Available = 6.46 GB

I think they have planned obsolescence. They want me to upgrade early:-$:-$:-$.
NOW I wish I had rooted WHEN I could have. :'(

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
A factory reset should fix all your performance-related problems.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

mcguirej

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, GB bricked my dinc. Have confirmed with Verizon that I have an official build. And yet I have all these issues. They are offering me to upgrade at my expense. One tech even offered to try and get a froyo build pushed back to my phone. How is this my expense when their software did this.???

The update did the same thing to my phone and Verizon offered the same thing to me because my phone was out of warranty. A factory reset only helps for so long. I spoke to two supervisors and emailed them several times trying to get them to understand that their update messed up my phone, therefore they should have to fix it. They still wouldn't do anything.

I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. If they alter the phone after the warranty is up, they should have to offer a warranty for 30 days or something. Its BS.

mcguirej

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My HTC-I stopped receiving text messages, after a hard reset called Verizon support. I can send texts, but not recv any. V support stated some HTC Incredibles seem to be having a issue after the update. My device warranty ended 2 months ago. I stated fine, send me instructions to re-flash rom back before G-Bread. Their solution is to send my re-furbed Incredible 2.

I wish they would be consistent with offering re-furbed Incredible 2s. I spoke to several people at Verizon in the past few weeks about the issues I have been having and the best they could do was tell me to upgrade. I mentioned that others had been getting the Incredible 2 and they told me they stopped doing that a few months ago.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. If they alter the phone after the warranty is up, they should have to offer a warranty for 30 days or something. Its BS.

Please let us know what results you get with the complaint.

littrellc73

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My phone rocked before the update. Now...its a dud. These are my issues.

1) Constantly says Low Storage. But when it takes me to the app to correct my storage issues, I actually have tons of storage left. All my apps are on my SD card, and it says I have 597MB free for internal storage, and 258 MB free for RAM.
2) My google calendar is no longer putting events in to my calendar. I put one it, press save and its gone. It doesn't show up in my online google cal either.
3) My gmail is no longer notifying me of my emails. And when I go into Gmail app, there is only old emails in there...no new ones.
4) I can no longer receive text messages. It was on and off for a few days, but now I get nothing. And when I send a text, it says it is processing for at least one min.
5) After making a call, or sometimes after using an app and closing it out, it reverts to the white screen with the HTC logo on it, and then says loading for about 30 secs. I can't use it until its done loading.

All of this makes my phone un-usable. I need it for texting, email and the calander. :'(

I am having these exact same symptoms, thank you for posting. I will be performing a factory reset this evening, so here's to hoping all this trouble will be worth GB when I'm done.

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Any idea how to fix the missing apps? I am kinda missing my cut the rope and angry birds

**Update**
Unmounted then re-mounted the SD card and they all seem to have come back

Last edited:

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
my data connection button on the control strip widget doesn't seem to work anymore after the update. i tried other widgets that do the same thing and they no longer work either. is there anyway to toggle data connection on and off with a widget without having to go into settings>wireless and networks> data connection? one of the reasons i like android is because i don't have to do things the long way. i use that toggle a lot and makes it very annoying to do in settings the long way to do it. :(

bordenar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I updated my Android Incredible last night (11/14/11) to Gingerbread (build number 4.06.605.3). I have now noticed a bug in MixZing music player since then. I use mic'd earbuds with a control button on them that pauses the song with one click, plays next song with two clicks and plays last song with three clicks. Since the system update if I double click the button, MixZing plays the next song like it should, but it also initiates a phone call to the last number dialed! How annoying is that? The once very convenient double click on the headset button to skip songs will still skips songs but also makes an unwanted phone call too.

rwroyse

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I received the update request this morning however when I tried to update it, I was told there wasn't enough memory. I moved some things around and now have plenty but am not sure how to get the ota back. Nothing shows up in my system updates section now.

greenmande

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I updated to GB last night so now I am on 4.06.605.3. I have all of the problems others have listed as well as much shorter battery life. I have the Seidio 3500mah extended battery. Before the update I was getting 2.5 days out of the battery. Now, I get less than 1. Any ideas?

swerve23

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
OK I just got off the phone with verizon tech support and they have a email from HTC stating that the 4.08 is the wrong update and they want to track the problem. you can call HTC at 1-866-449-8358 the verizon tech said there are 106 complaints to them. so people please call verizon and complain more the more complaint the faster they will fix the issue Info update I posted this while on hold with HTC the rep said to update it I wish verizion will get on the same page the guy sounded like a cali surfer that was stoned but he told me to do the update and that their will be a fix coming out soon so update at your own risk I guess a fixed update will be out soon...:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech