Unable to Upload photos from phone

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have been to several sights online on my phone to include this one and have tried to upload photos, but when i go to do so, where you usually see the "Brows photos" or "Upload photo" icon, it says "Upload Disabled"... HELP!!!!!!!!!!

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can upload things the way you are thinking, as if you just hit upload on your computer and browse for a file. You have to do it through an app. For example, you can upload to Twitter, Picasa, Flickr, and Facebook using their apps. What site are you trying to upload to? And one picture at a time or a batch upload?

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Just one at a time to different sites... one being this one and another example being fetlife.com ... I just don't really understand why you can't. It doesn't make a lot of sense.. but such as technology is great.. it sucks too..

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it would be nice. I'm not an Android expert so I don't think I can really help much. My only thought would be if you had a file manager installed on the phone. I doubt that will enable this capability though - my assumption is that it is more the website recognizing that you're on a mobile device and limiting the functionality. Again, I'm no expert and could be wrong here.

Tim Acheson

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Workaround for Android browser bugs: download Opera

Download Opera Mini 5 on any Android mobile phone and you can use that upload files on any website -- problem solved. :) It's free in Android's Marketplace app store.

Android's own web browser is defective and deficient. Google's OEM software is very poor. Google's software is almost as bad as Apple's iPhone/iPad software. I would reccomend NOT buying Android. Purchase a good Windows Mobile 7 device like the HTC HD2 or HTC Desire, or a smartphone by Sony Ericsson, or Nokia.

For storing and sharing files from any device, I strongly recomend using SkyDrive. Go to skydrive.live.com and upload files there. You can share any file, and there are superb options for sharing photos and videos. You can even edit MS Office files on there directly in your web browser with no software required. It's the future.

Info: SkyDrive

Info: Android

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The opera mini thing will probably work. However I've used it in the past and found it to be more of a pita to use, so I have yet to try it on this phone. That said, it probably has to do with the site recognizing that it is a phone, or that the part that is used for uploads has Flash in it...or a combination of the both.

I use photobucket mobile and it uploads fine to there...but it is an app so I expect to.

dually

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This is an interesting problem and one that I hadn't thought of. I tried uploading a photo to the local newspaper's website and discovered that yes indeed the native browser won't upload.

So then I tried using the opera mobile browser and it looked like it was going to work, but then of course it would only look for photos on my micro sd card whereas I moved them all over to emmc because I was running out of room on my card and don't want to shell out the big bucks yet for the 32gb version.

So I'm still working on it.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Android's own web browser is defective and deficient. Google's OEM software is very poor. Google's software is almost as bad as Apple's iPhone/iPad software. I would reccomend NOT buying Android. Purchase a good Windows Mobile 7 device like the HTC HD2 or HTC Desire, or a smartphone by Sony Ericsson, or Nokia.

Just so you know, the HTC Desire is an Android phone...

To answer your question, you can upload photos to facebook, twitter or flickr straight from the gallery on your phone. If you want to upload to another site (like photbucket, picasa), get that site's app.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Download Opera Mini 5 on any Android mobile phone and you can use that upload files on any website -- problem solved. :) It's free in Android's Marketplace app store.

For storing and sharing files from any device, I strongly recomend using SkyDrive. Go to skydrive.live.com and upload files there. You can share any file, and there are superb options for sharing photos and videos. You can even edit MS Office files on there directly in your web browser with no software required. It's the future.

One post... full of mis-information... reeks of troll and borders on spam. Since nobody is getting too excited, I would say "Troll FAIL". Thanks for the input, Tim.

spandoman

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My son-in-law has the Captivate and has been able to upload photos to my website using Opera Mini and taking the photo from the micro SD card. On my Infuse this doesn't work. I have been able to upload thumbnail photos, but these come out too small on the website. I always get an error when uploading a normal size photo. I'm running out of options and only have a few days left before I will need to return this phone. I've spent at least 8 hours so far just on this one problem and don't know what else to try. I like everything else about the phone, but the inability to upload photos will be a deal breaker. HELP!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to upload to a site like Flicker or Picasa? If so - get the app for Flicker or Picasa from the market and it should upload fine.

If not, where are you trying to upload them to?

Sleep3r 1

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
That Opera mini 5,worked, from the gate, I've been trying to fix that problem all day, did back-ups and reloads, and resets, nothing worked, but that did, thanks Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance