After a week....

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Welp today I have had the phone a week and so far I am quite pleased with the device.

The camera is amazing, although the photo setup is awful. There is no mode where all the pics are displayed like my bb was but I can live with it.

The texting is great, I love the keyboard and the response from the keys.

The absolute best feature is the browser, my Lord its like having a fast pc in your pocket! There is nothing that I cant do with the browser on this phone.

The worst feature for me is the alarm clock, there arent many diff choices for the actual alarm and I still havent found one I like. My bb alarm was great.

So for the most part (90%) I am thrilled with the phone. Im sure I can figure out some ways to make that 90% a 100%!!!

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear it. I only got mine yesterday, but I already love it. I'm just hoping my battery life will get a bit better after a few charge cycles. How's your battery life after having it for a week?

R

Roy Aguilera

Have you tried Klaxton Alarm?
You can try it and return it for a refund (within 24 hrs) if its not for you.

joeturni#CB

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree with bigslam123....the battery life has definetly increased over the last week...I've also increased my brightness level outdoors and that seems to fix the sunlight issue...just remember to revert back to automatic when you return to an indoor setting (at least until the fix comes...)

Peanutbutter_N_Jelly

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Today marks a week for me and I feel it's the best phone I've ever owned. Battery is breaking in and lasting longer. I'm piling on the apps and it doesn't even seem to slow the phone at all. I can't believe I ever even liked my Storm after a week on this beast of a phone.

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree... this phone rocks. The camera simply blows me away - I've been taking SO many pictures since I've had this phone, mostly because it's so fast at snapping photos, which makes it a pleasure to use.

Battery life is still crap for me. I'm going to drop by a Verizon store at some point and see if they'll swap me a new battery just to see what happens. Otherwise, I'm keeping an eye out for extended batteries. I guess that's going to be a necessity!

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow thanks for the tips on the alarm apps, I figured there were some! As for the battery, sure it isnt great but having a car charger and a charger at work and at home keeps me safe.
My storms battery wasnt any better IMO.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe you can also add your own alarm sounds - just create a folder on your SD card media - then another folder inside that called audio and then another folder inside that called alarms

you can also add ringtones and notifications folders in there and add your custom sounds accordingly

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
This is the best smart phone that I have ever owned even after the nine days of over working it. You can't stop thing, well it's INCREDIBLE. Thanks for all the tips on the alarm clock that was its weakest point for me too.

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Today marks a week for me and I feel it's the best phone I've ever owned. Battery is breaking in and lasting longer. I'm piling on the apps and it doesn't even seem to slow the phone at all. I can't believe I ever even liked my Storm after a week on this beast of a phone.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was one of the lucky Storm owners who got a great one on their first try. I didn't have any hardware issues and mine worked a hundred times better than any one of the 4 that my husband went through.

I had fun learning about hybrids and stuff, but after only 2 days with this phone I feel like my Storm was pretty much just a paperweight. I could never go back!

Peanutbutter_N_Jelly

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't agree with you more. I was one of the lucky Storm owners who got a great one on their first try. I didn't have any hardware issues and mine worked a hundred times better than any one of the 4 that my husband went through.

I had fun learning about hybrids and stuff, but after only 2 days with this phone I feel like my Storm was pretty much just a paperweight. I could never go back!

Haha. My sentiments exactly. I really did enjoy it while the leaks were dropping. After.419 though, when leaks dried up the same old storm really got boring. It's hard to express the night and day difference between these two devices to anyone who doesn't know first hand. We have a device that is truly incredible.
Sorry for the cheesy pun but it's the truth

Colin

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have a smartphone before this. I have to say my favorite thing is driving around in my car with Pandora playing through my speakers. Blows my mind a little.

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Haha. My sentiments exactly. I really did enjoy it while the leaks were dropping. After.419 though, when leaks dried up the same old storm really got boring. It's hard to express the night and day difference between these two devices to anyone who doesn't know first hand. We have a device that is truly incredible.

im right with you...if you look around you will notice many name from cb storm forums...im very happy with the phone but id also like some things if you android peeps know the answers...1 is there another screen lock (while your on a call) my fat face occasionally hangs up....2 how come i cant delete everything i want to in multiples ( on bb you can multi-delete things jus click hold click then i can delete 20 or so emails at once )

Peanutbutter_N_Jelly

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah dude. I was pbj over there too. Lots of us made the jump. Think I recognize your name ;) from over there. Must be a ghost town on C.B. in those storm forums.
I dunno about the in call screen lock. Gotta be something in the market for that, for free. As far as deleting multiple emails at once... If you use gmail, just check off (on the left of the message) all the ones you want to delete and hit delete. Easy as pie

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

Be aware that there are people lurking in here that just want to slam the Incredible. It really is a nice device and I am loving life with it.

mudpud

May 5, 2010
Visit site
This phone is AMAZING. I'm keeping my BlackBerry Storm for European travels although I'd prefer to flush that pos down the toilet. I'm so glad that I.didn't stay with bb while awaiting the Jesus phone on Verizon. I'm now firmly on the Google boat - as long as I can connect this phone to my MBP I'm happy and won't be getting an iPhone. Apple and Jobso have become way too arrogant - they may make the best computers - I love Macs but they don't make the best phones!

mudpud

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I was also a regular on crackberry forums. Once the leaks dried up I lost interest in the phone. Many people over in the CrackBerry forums say that they will only miss their BB Messenger. It must be an age thing - I'm 26 and none of my friends used the stupid BBQ'D Messenger. They all have the iPhone. I never used the BB Messenger either. So I certainly won't be missing it. I defended the Storm from iPhone people with all my heart but now I really feel like suing BB for 1% of my life wasted on wiping, leaks, waiting and more waiting, plus all the time wasted typing on the Storm.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I never used BB messenger either. I did when I first got into Blackberries because a lot of my friends had BB's. But since then some have drifted to iPhones and the rest have swapped to Android solutions. So really the last two years I've dealt with BB's I never used messenger.

The only thing I miss is being able to have a full page of my pictures, PodTrapper, and UberTwitter. Seesmic is ok and looks about the same, but I miss the in Tweet picture preview.

Pictures are good enough as I'm no professional photographer, I just like grabbing quick snaps of stuff I think is funny or cool/interesting, so that's fine. The browser I would consider pretty much perfect until something better comes along. It's years ahead of the BB browser. I also enjoy no battery pulls, installing leaks, or micro-managing apps so my phone stays running like it should. I also miss my Incipio case....hint Incipio hint.

For those people out there that can't find an alarm sound they like there is an easy solution to that issue. Create an "Alarms" folder on your SD card or internal phone memory and place a sound file in there you do like. Go into your sound options for alarms and change it to your file of choice. While you are in your memory card or storage go ahead and create a Ringtones and Notifications folder while you are at it, because at some point you will probably want to change those things as well. Helpful hint I found shortly after getting my phone so I could change my notification sound.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance