exchange and calendar...need help understanding

andinc4

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

I'm new to the site and hope you all dont mind me jumping into questions right off.

I'm not super computer savvy so I'm having troubles understanding all of this business email setup and problems some have been having.

I am currently a blackberry curve owner and would like to make the move to the Droid Incredible. A coworker just but a Droid recently and he had problems with not being able to get the droid to work with the exchange server at work. All i know is that I use microsoft outlook on my work laptop for my scheduling and emails.

I need to be 100% sure that if I buy this phone it will work with my company email. I want it to push my email and calendar. Will the Droid Incredible do this? What do I need to know about it or my companys email server?

I was told there was problems with the push not working correctly (not getting emails until the next day, etc...) and some security stuff causing problems with trying to get the email/calendar stuff to all work.

Please help a confused guy...thanks

robwilson

May 3, 2010
Visit site
We have Exchange and I connect to the server with no problems. When I get an email in my inbox, It automatically shows on my phone as well. The only problem I have is that I use rules and have folders that email go directly into. The only way to see those email is to go into that folder. I dont get notifications about those emails.

alexgtp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I work in I.T. for a large healtcare provider And we currently are going thru our OUTLOOK email migration. So far we have implemented 4200 users.

70% of our clients are on OUTLOOK OWA (outlook web access) And the other 30% are using OUTLOOK CLIENT and OWA.

So far I have set up over 100 Android powered phones.

Setting up exchange on the Incredible is "incredibly" easy. :)

I personally have set up my incredible and it works like a charm.

Calanders, Contacts, And emails are REAL TIME ( IF ,in settings menu you select the ; "as items arrive option" , additionally you can set it up to sync every 5,10,15,30,1hr,2hr is desired).

Sometimes I receive notification on my Incredible faster than I get on my Outlook Client. LOL!!

Settings:
EMAIL ADDRESS: name@corporationname.com

SERVER ADDRESS: provided by your I.T. team, usually the Exchange Server address or the microsoft email server, if using remote hosted solutions.

USERNAME:name@corporationname.com

PASSWORD:your password

Be sure to check the option that says "THIS SERVER REQUIRES AN ENCRYPTED SSL CONNECTION."

Exchange will than connect to your email server and verify settings, Once verified you will be asked what you want to SYNC. Here you can select CONTACTS, CALANDERS, EMAILS.

The reason his droid wont set up is due to the version build of the exchange active sync software that are found on some of the older Android powered devices.

Alot of the older G1, My Touch's had older builds which will Require you to use the TOUCHDOWN APP. Which works great but is $20.00

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited:

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Problems you will experience:

- Tasks and Memos/Notes don't sync
- Duplicate calendar entries if you set up an event on a gmail calendar

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Exchange OWA without any issues. I also have Gmail Calendars but really stick to the Exchange ones as they are important.