Two DINC's, neither have the update yet, any problem?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
What worries me on my wife's and daughter's DINC's is that I don't recall them getting any OTA's since last Spring. I go to the system update and it immediately says it is current, doesn't do a check. On my Thunderbolt, it goes through a check first. Is this normal?

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been patient and not flashed the update, my wife has not received it and either have the three people with Inc's here in my office...Houston I think we have a problem..

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
My wife got the upgrade Tuesday. I still don't have mine. I did buy mine quite a while after she got her's though. Maybe they are distributing by serial number?

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my Incredible on day one and have not gotten the update yet, and when Froyo came out I was the last person to get it where a friend who had his Inc for two months was one of the first to get Froyo. He still has not gotten the update yet this time, so I don't know what the process is.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
This all makes me feel better. I don't have mine either...but seeing that others are in the same boat I'm not so worried now.

jtoatoktoe

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I doubt they go in order, I got the 2nd Generation Droid Incredible when they added the Sony screen since Samsung gobbled up the amoled whatever there called ones. Got the update Thur Morning. Be patient....in fact your probably lucky to be waiting so they can fix some of the screw ups.

tcmax1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I received the update early last week. I changed out the battery before updating and when the phone booted back up the update was gone. Hasn't pushed back out to me either. maybe they are fixing some things???

Brian_d

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The update pushed to my incredible Tuseday (Los Angeles area). I came to android central to see if anyone was having problems before accepting. With all the problems people are having, I did not d/l the update & it disappeared that night. I'll wait til they fix it or someone comes up with a clear work-around before updating.
If you missed it, it will get pushed to your phone again - my sister ignored her Aly froyo update for months because a prior update messed up her phone. The update kept coming to her every so often before she accepted...
Now what I'm wondering is, is it still being pushed? I haven't seen anyone here post that they got the update Friday & do they push over weekends? Hopefully they halted the update & they're fixing that crap!

mookster

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the update Wednesday morning when I was in CO for a vacation. Woke up at 7 am and there it was, waiting to update. Hesitated at first but the OTA only took about 10 minutes no problems.

I do have the wonky 4.3 WVGA dealio listed for my screen but other than that everything's smooth. I'm stock 2.3.4 but use Launcher-Pro to hide the bloatware. Everything's running fine on my Dinc but I don't notice any interface difference due to LP. The only noticeable difference (and I like it) is the 3G symbol got updated. I enjoy the little things in life lol.:D