my pandora only plays 2 songs then stops and it wont start the next song until i click the power button for the screen to turn on, then it plays another 2 and same process. Anyone else having this issue? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    05-07-2010 11:59 AM
    you have to enable the "always on mobile data"
    05-07-2010 12:38 PM
    I have not had any issues.
    And I have it set to HIGH and ON. And I can listen for hours! (with phone plugged into a power source of course!!)

But You can try this.

When in the Pandora application.
    MENU>Preferences>
    Call Network Audio Quality = igh

AUTO-LOCK = OFF (so the screen lock wont engage and it will play) downside is it will kill your already weak battery life!
    05-07-2010 12:44 PM
    you have to enable the "always on mobile data"
    Question WHat does this do. I have mine unchecked. Should I have it checked on? So far all the apps I use are not having any issues by having this checked off. Are there any specific apps that will require this to be checked on?

Thanks!!
    05-07-2010 12:49 PM
    when you phone sleeps if you have that unchecked then many apps that require a data connection wont work. email is including along with the music streams and such. It goes to sleep after 15 minutes or maybe 20, dont know for sure. You might think all you apps work but the second you click the power button data is restore and emails and other programs will immediately update so fast you might not even know it. Gtalk, meebo or any other IM porgram would be on that list
    05-07-2010 12:53 PM
    when you phone sleeps if you have that unchecked then many apps that require a data connection wont work. email is including along with the music streams and such. It goes to sleep after 15 minutes or maybe 20, dont know for sure. You might think all you apps work but the second you click the power button data is restore and emails and other programs will immediately update so fast you might not even know it. Gtalk, meebo or any other IM porgram would be on that list
    When you say email, do you mean the email client? Gmail, at least, I'm pretty sure will still push messages to you. But everything else you said is correct, widgets and other data-fetching apps (Twitter, FB, etc) will not update while the screen is locked. I only turn it on if I'm going to stream music or sign in to AIM or something (it's really annoying to constantly be logged out of AIM).
    05-07-2010 01:07 PM
    my pandora only plays 2 songs then stops and it wont start the next song until i click the power button for the screen to turn on, then it plays another 2 and same process. Anyone else having this issue? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    I have been testing this since the minute you posted this message. It is indeed due to unchecking the always on mobile. I always leave mine unchecked and I get through 2 songs as well. The second I hit the power button it starts playing the next song. By re-checking always on it will just continuously play as expected. EDIT: It also appears that you can leave always on data unchecked if you are connected to wifi and Pandora will continue to play non-stop.

EDIT: This is true. I thought things periodically updated anyway, but that is if you have wifi enabled. I guess I'm always on wifi so things were still updating, but without wifi and without always on data checked, my email notifications never came through and Pandora would stop playing after a few minutes. Crappy.
    05-07-2010 01:14 PM
    OK, I had turned off " always on " because of the battery thread saying thats how you can get more from your battery. So now i know to turn it on if im going to be listening to pandora. Thanks
    05-07-2010 01:34 PM
    My issue was the program Sensor Music Player. It stopped all the streaming audio after a certain short period of time. After uninstalling it, no problems. It could be other programs, so look at what is running, then stop one by one.
    09-21-2013 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD