How to successfully uninstall/optout of Xapush ads??

docvic

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I installed 'lookout add detector' which scans the apps and shows all the spy activities. Then u can uninstall the culprit ones if u want.

candym501

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm all about getting rid of the pop ups.....but one of the apps that is causing them I like.....is there any other way other than getting rid of the app I like

David Knight

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Thnx to all for suggestions. Downloaded addons detector, discovered I had downloaded an aquarium live wallpaper that used airpush. So far so good on removing notifications.

Ilja Lang

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I just ran airpush detector and the sinner turned out to be Easy backup. So out it went - to never be installed on my android phone again.

lilgrittz

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
These androids are junk. I switched from an iPhone to this....big mistake! Never had any problem like this with apple. I'm switching back ASAP. My advice for u all is to do the same.

Le_Kirk

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
These androids are junk. I switched from an iPhone to this....big mistake! Never had any problem like this with apple. I'm switching back ASAP. My advice for u all is to do the same.

Freedom has a price!

I'm still searching for a solution to this since the airpush detector didn't find anything :/

Mr._Happy

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site

These sites all were blocked by the Firefox WOT add-on. All show the lowest safety ratings in all categories.

Seems like these sites all do some kind of data mining?

I worry that if you've installed an app like this, uninstalling may save the annoyance of the notifications, but once installed the damage is done. They've got you, and your little smart phone too.

I guess if you remove it they can't continue to collect data, but even if they just get a snap-shot of what people have on their phones... that can still be a lot of info.

Oh, and my culprit was Superspy Camera (duh!), which AirPush Detector didn't find, but Addons Detector did.