How to successfully uninstall/optout of Xapush ads??

Bones72

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Me too. Had to uninstall GPS Fix app from my Tbolt.

If you have your Tbolt rooted you could install LBE Privacy Guard and just block mobile and wifi access for the app. No reason an app like GPS Fix should ever need internet access anyway.

I was wondering where those notifications were coming from. I had one other app besides GPS Fix that Addons Detector found so hopefully I'm good to go now.

HHH_Droid

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
It just started happening to me. It was being used by gpsfix application. Too bad since within the past month my GPS wasn't finding me, until after I downloaded the gpsfix application.

Great find Darkblue31, glad you posted it here.

Karma.123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
i just downloaded the one called "Addons Detector"... (only downloaded that one cuz the "Air Push Detector" app said this one is better... I hope this works man, getting this notification for some new crap for Fbk is starting to make me mad!!!! Not to mention it almost tricked me into using this "new kind of Fbk" untill i read the fine print talking about $10.00 a month for the service!! Uhh NO!!!

Thanx DarkBlue ;)

vinvino

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I think this worked. I sometimes really hate advances in technology. I miss the days of riding my bike to buy penny candy. Life was simple then. No worries. A sling shot and magnifying glass were enough to keep me happy.

padraicm

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
the same thing started happening on my phone too. i downloaded the airpush locator and it turned up an MP3 downloader that had also recently updated. I have since added a review to this app on the market warning any others looking at this app.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
i just downloaded the one called "Addons Detector"... (only downloaded that one cuz the "Air Push Detector" app said this one is better... I hope this works man, getting this notification for some new crap for Fbk is starting to make me mad!!!! Not to mention it almost tricked me into using this "new kind of Fbk" untill i read the fine print talking about $10.00 a month for the service!! Uhh NO!!!

Thanx DarkBlue ;)

I've been using this on my TBolt for some time, works great.

Stoney64

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanx DarkBlue ;)

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!! The My Settings update is what did it to me. I got Social and Search icons installed too. No way to uninstall them either. They weren't in the applications list. I just wish Addons Detector had more info in the "Help" to describe what to do with the app.

candy22

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! I was going crazy trying to find a way to get rid of em and an app called ringroid caused mine. It has an open phone with a music note. Thanks again. :D:D:D:D

marcue

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Download air push detector app. Uninstall apps that use it. Problem solved. My problems started when I downloaded "flying santa" 3d app.

xfactor99

Jun 2, 2010
www.twitter.com
Just downloaded airpush and my problem was with an app call videogame wallpaper hd. Thanks for the help on finding the problem and fixing it for me

tjack360

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I had one app called MP3 Downloader that was using Airpush. Really? Why do this anyway? I never respond to spam positively. Does spam even work anymore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC