"People" groups and disappearing contacts

BHall614

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I was playing around with the People widget and added a bunch of contacts to the "Favorites" group. If I then remove them from the group they no longer show up in the general People list. I have to go into gmail and locate the contact, now in "other contacts", and move them back to "My Contacts" to get them back in the People list on my Incredible. Why do the contacts disappear when I remove them from a group and is there any way to avoid this?

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I had the same problem also if I add a contact to say family group and try to move it back it will lose the option to edit I had to do a full reset to fix it and never made anymore groups. But I think there's a problem there .

anon(18516)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
This was happening to me as well. I noticed the "Favorites" group didn't show up on my gmail account but VIP was there. Now I am not putting anyone in "Favorites" and using "VIP" instead. Everything seems to be working and those "VIP" contacts remain in the general people list still.

BHall614

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
VIP doesn't even show up in my gmail contacts. Although, putting contacts into groups didn't seem to delete them, it was just removing them from the group or switching them to a different group. I'm just going to not touch groups anymore and hope that this gets addressed at some point in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800