I have about 400 soungs on my incredible, and when I play them in shuffle mode, the device will begin repeating songs before its done cycling through...so for example, it will play a song, and 5 songs later its replaying the same damn song. Why does it do this? What other alternatives are there?

Anyone else experiencing this?
    05-08-2010 01:10 AM
    Have you tried looking in the market for different media players? The shuffle algorithm must not be very good, but then again I've never loaded up 400 songs on my phone either lol.
    05-08-2010 02:08 AM
    Have you tried looking in the market for different media players? The shuffle algorithm must not be very good, but then again I've never loaded up 400 songs on my phone either lol.
    Love your signature. I too, switched from a Storm 1 (had it since launch day). Each day brings newfound respect for the Android OS.
    05-09-2010 11:02 PM
    I haven't had a problem with the music player. To me it actually seems pretty decent.

Agreed on the Storm thing. I still really like that phone but the Incredible is leaps and bounds above anything I've owned or seen.
    05-10-2010 04:55 AM
    I wasn't a big fan of the music player either. Reminded me to much of the clunky music player on the storm. I downloaded the bPlayer music app from the market. It is a near exact clone of the iPod's music player and very easy to use as well as functional.
    05-10-2010 06:36 AM
    I use cubed(3) player, and love it!
    05-10-2010 07:24 AM
    btunes has worked great for me. Ipod replica. The only issue I've had is that it only recognizes music on the sd card and NOT music on internal storage (which is fine because I have a 16gb sd card now).

It downloads album art for you too.
    05-10-2010 08:50 AM
    I use cubed(3) player, and love it!
    I would like to use it but it doesn't support the incredible's internal memory, and the "hack" to make it work on the lock screen is iffy, even noted by the developer. Too bad too I really like that way it looks.

btunes has worked great for me. Ipod replica. The only issue I've had is that it only recognizes music on the sd card and NOT music on internal storage (which is fine because I have a 16gb sd card now).

It downloads album art for you too.
    As much as I don't want anything on my phone to replicate a freakin iPhone, I do like the idea of automatic cover art. That's a pretty neat feature.
    05-10-2010 09:02 AM
    I'm using bTunes as well. The HTC Music Player is nice and functional enough but I feel like it loads WAY too slow. bTunes is totally functional (I'm used to the iPod Touch interface) and loads up fast. There's also a lot of possible settings and it works good from the lock screen too/
    05-10-2010 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD