Incredible vs Nexus one, Interesting read

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
whalesalad dot com — htc incredible vs. nexus one

I found this really interesting. The Incredible is my 1st Android phone and coming form the iPhone I do find things to like about Sense but also find it clutters the interface. The Android 2.1 keyboard and phone dialer look much cleaner to me than the Sense versions.

Is there a way to kill Sense so I can see what the Incredible is like without it?

andyandroid

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible is my first Android phone too but I barrowed a Moto Droid for a week to see if I liked Android before I bought it. I really like a lot of the stock widgets more than sense widgets. Many of them are just too large and take up too much space. I've downloaded the news and weather app from stock on to my phone because I like that but HTC's weather clock is so cool that I actually kept that too. I definitely wanted an N1 over an Incredible and thought I'd hate sense but I've actually grown to like a lot of the things sense has to offer. The keyboard is actually easier to use, flash in the browser is GREAT, and many of their oversized widgets are actually useful.

But to answer your question... many components of stock android are missing from the incredible's rom so if you force stop it the phone will crash.

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Get to know Sense a little better. Once you do, you can get rid of Widgets you don't like.

Been there and done that. Don't assume I don't know. Running any widgets at all take resources that I would rather not use. Also the article is about far more than just widgets.

Last edited:

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible is my first Android phone too but I barrowed a Moto Droid for a week to see if I liked Android before I bought it. I really like a lot of the stock widgets more than sense widgets. Many of them are just too large and take up too much space. I've downloaded the news and weather app from stock on to my phone because I like that but HTC's weather clock is so cool that I actually kept that too. I definitely wanted an N1 over an Incredible and thought I'd hate sense but I've actually grown to like a lot of the things sense has to offer. The keyboard is actually easier to use, flash in the browser is GREAT, and many of their oversized widgets are actually useful.

But to answer your question... many components of stock android are missing from the incredible's rom so if you force stop it the phone will crash.

I don't like the earlier stock Android keyboard which I have found to be flat out unusable especially in comparison to the iPhone keyboard. But I find the HTC keyboard to be too "busy" and if the Android 2.1 stock keyboard is as good this guy says it is I would like to try it. Same with the phone dialer. HTC's is convoluted for no good reason. I didn't know components of stock Android were missing from the rom. That seems like an odd thing to do.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513