Se we all know that the EVO 4g will have 720p video recording. My question is whether Cyanogen, when it gets released for the Incredible, will enable this feature for it as well. There's really no technical reason why the Incredible shouldn't be capable of doing the same video recording as the EVO 4g, what with the hardware being nearly the same.

So what do you guys think?
    05-08-2010 03:37 PM
    I actually was wondering a question just like this. I know that the EVO has the capability for 720p video recording. From what I have noticed the EVO looks to have the exact same camera as the INC, maybe I am wrong. I was wondering with the update of Froyo or and update OS would we be able to get 720p recording? I feel like we should.
    05-26-2010 12:02 AM
    I think it's technically possible but with a lack of HDMI out on the Incredible, it's unlikely that HTC had any plans to enable it.
    05-26-2010 10:13 AM
    It doesn't have to have HDMI out. They can make a cable with component ends.
    05-26-2010 10:19 AM
    8 meg pix camera has the rez to do it....

Question is, could it be outputed via the jack which seems a no...

Doesn't mean it can't be tranfsered off to computer..

Lego
    05-26-2010 10:22 AM
    It doesn't have to have HDMI out. They can make a cable with component ends.
    I agree, but what I was trying to say is, don't hold your breath. It's apparent with it's larger screen, 720p recording, and HDMI out, that HTC had hi-def in mind for the Evo. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I just don't see an "HD update" coming for the Incredible. It makes more sense if they just included it from day one and give VZW even more marketing ammo IMO, but who knows!
    05-26-2010 10:34 AM
    Ya I know. I just wish they could include HD recording in the future. I would have to assume that if they were ever going to include it then why not include it from the start. But one question I have is the software and hardware is almost the same for the EVO why couldn't they just cut that chunk of code out and put it in the INC?
    05-26-2010 03:57 PM
    So now that the Nexus one was given 720p (HD) recording that should mean the INC should be able to get it too. I figured it was just a software thing and not so much a hardware. I didn't think it was ever true 720p recording, but it seems like we should get it now right?
    06-09-2010 07:21 AM
    So now that the Nexus one was given 720p (HD) recording that should mean the INC should be able to get it too. I figured it was just a software thing and not so much a hardware. I didn't think it was ever true 720p recording, but it seems like we should get it now right?
    phone has to get rooted first
    06-09-2010 07:45 AM
    Well ya I know that. But I was just saying for the future updates from HTC they should easily be able to give us 720p recording if devs can crack the N1 to be able to give that HD recording. That camera is worse than ours too.
    06-09-2010 07:50 AM
    you're missing one key element here...both of those phones are rooted. incredible is not...
    06-09-2010 07:57 AM
    I know but the EVO already had 720p recording before it was rooted. All I am saying is that no matter what. If we get the root or anything, the INC has the capabilities to get 720p recording. Our video recording is only going to get better. HTC could easily implement it in their software or once we got root we could do it ourselves.
    06-09-2010 07:59 AM
    check it out new youtube video has tutorial on how to hack incredible. here is the link:

Haven't tried it yet on my phone but thought you should know. Several people have reported success with others struggling to get it done but IDK.

I would love to hear if someone gets 720p on a newly rooted Incredible.
    06-18-2010 03:54 PM
    I know this is off but I want to root and only have MAC s in my house.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    06-18-2010 04:00 PM
    you're missing one key element here...both of those phones are rooted. incredible is not...
    Yes it is depending on what factors for memory cards etc. you got. Still waiting on an "everyone can do it" solution. But they are rooted. 720p is totally possible granted the hardware can do it, and I don't see why it couldn't.
    06-18-2010 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD