05-23-2010 09:56 AM
104 12345
tools
    Yes

Battery would not charge. I went through 3 batteries and none of them would charge. Even with the phone completely off.

I am still waiting on the replacement. Supposed to be here yesterday.
    05-13-2010 02:03 AM
    Yes, waiting for the store to get some in. My external speaker doesn't do anything below half volume and makes clicking noises above that.
    05-13-2010 04:25 AM
    i'm having the same problem with my phone! i went in store and they were absolutely no help. they said i need to call in to get a replacement phone but that i'd have to send in my phone first before i can receive another...and on top of that, said verizon might not even have any in stock so there is a possibility of not getting a new one for awhile. did you have problems with that?
    I was having the same issue with the screen moving on it's own. Plus occasionally the bottom row of buttons wouldn't work. I took it to a store and they confirmed the problem & tried to fix it. They said I would have to send it in and wait for a replacement. I called VZW and they had it in their records that the store confirmed the issue & they sent out a NEW phone with a shipping label to send my old one back in. It's all good now.

P.S. I didn't ever have to replace my Storm or Storm2!!!
    05-13-2010 07:31 AM
    Who should I call and just state my problems and ask for a new phone?
    05-17-2010 02:21 PM
    Who should I call and just state my problems and ask for a new phone?
    i'm ---> <--- this close to calling VZW customer service just to feel out my chances of getting a NEW replacement (possibly part of a new batch of Incs), not a refurb.

at the very least, I want to log another complaint about the random flipping of home screens and cursor jumps.

O, VZW's contact info is HERE.
    05-17-2010 02:51 PM
    Yeah Ima call and ask for a new one and my screen is also scratched so I think its good to call. Lol
    05-17-2010 03:02 PM
    I have not returned the original yet. Going to compare both and then return one that i don't like.

I was having issues with Call Quality and Low Signal Reception/dropped calls (like -105dbm)
    05-17-2010 03:13 PM
    Yeah Ima call and ask for a new one and my screen is also scratched so I think its good to call. Lol
    This screen is supposed to be "hard" to scratch. What did you do?
    05-17-2010 03:25 PM
    Nothing I was surprised also. I was like Wth...it been in my pocket with nothing in there but the phone...so yeah Ima get a screen protector for it now. Lol
    05-17-2010 03:37 PM
    Im waiting for my new one to come in the mail. I was told that it would be a brand new one in the box....

We shall see. If its a refurb someones going to pay at the local store...
    05-17-2010 03:41 PM
    Im waiting for my new one to come in the mail. I was told that it would be a brand new one in the box....

We shall see. If its a refurb someones going to pay at the local store...
    Keep me posted. When is your arriving?
    05-17-2010 04:37 PM
    Do you get a new one or just a refurbished one? Should I call or just go to the store and will it cost me anything? I'm also having the screen shift out of no where...lol
    I called and I talked to a manager and he sent me to a store that had one in stock, or just walk into a store.You will receive a new one. This is a software issue and its within the 30 day warranty. Make sure vzw doesnt give you a refurb they might slip one past you. I am waiting for my third incredible due to this issue.
    05-17-2010 06:44 PM
    I am waiting for my third incredible due to this issue.
    which issue were you having, brain? thank you.
    05-17-2010 07:49 PM
    O nevermind. Re-visited your previous posts re: the random rebooting.
    05-17-2010 07:54 PM
    Went in to my local VZW store. They didn't have any Incs in stock, but they ordered a "new" one - delivery in about "3-5 days."

I told the rep that, if VZW sends me a refurb, I'm sending it right back to them. With 10 days to return one of the devices, I should have enough time to run the next Inc through rigorous testing.

We'll see...
    05-17-2010 09:31 PM
    Went in to my local VZW store. They didn't have any Incs in stock, but they ordered a "new" one - delivery in about "3-5 days."

I told the rep that, if VZW sends me a refurb, I'm sending it right back to them. With 10 days to return one of the devices, I should have enough time to run the next Inc through rigorous testing.

We'll see...
    So you went to the store to complain instead of just calling?
    05-17-2010 10:12 PM
    1. Replacing my phone because Bluetooth can't be enabled unless WiFi is enabled first.
    2. Getting my replacement on Wednesday.

I went to a VZW store to diagnose the issue, they said I'd have to pay $35 to get it restocked. I called tech support and after telling them the steps I did to try and fix, they said it's probably defective. Since there are no phones in Colorado, they said they're shipping a new one. I'll be very pissed if I receive a refurb...
    05-17-2010 10:16 PM
    I did this today too. Went into the store with a screen issue, they said they had no more in stock but they'd ship me a new one in two business days. I can't imagine there are too many refurbs out there after two weeks...but we'll see I guess...I'll let you all know how it goes!
    05-17-2010 10:18 PM
    So you went to the store to complain instead of just calling?
    Well, I didn't just complain. I was nice about it, and they processed my request with no fuss. I'm always nice to reps cuz it's not their fault my phone is screwing up.

@ drjrdemelo - yes, please let us know how it turns out. I'll post back later, as well.
    05-17-2010 10:36 PM
    All I can say is I was shipped a "new" incredible in a brown box. Just the phone, no battery or accessories. Refurbished or not....I can't tell, but I can say it randomly reboots like my old one. Not very happy so I will be going back to Verizon once I'm back in town from work.
    05-17-2010 11:24 PM
    I saw your posts but question Tbolt....do you think my random reboot problem has to do with my sd card? I came from a S2. I downloaded astro file manager and I see blackberry folder and that has all my previous pics. Do you think my incredible reboots so the sd card can be compatible?
    05-17-2010 11:31 PM
    That sucks about random rebooting. Did you preorder? I ordered a couple of days afterwards and haven't had problems. Hope you get it fixed and get a good replacement.
    05-17-2010 11:32 PM
    I did preorder got it day of launch. I got my first replacement a week later. Now I am waiting on the third. A good friend of mine has an inc but he has no problems. I was thinking its my sd card, I came from an S2. Maybe its not formatted for the inc thats the only thing I can think of.
    05-17-2010 11:40 PM
    I did preorder got it day of launch. I got my first replacement a week later. Now I am waiting on the third. A good friend of mine has an inc but he has no problems. I was thinking its my sd card, I came from an S2. Maybe its not formatted for the inc thats the only thing I can think of.
    i used my storm 8gb sd card and no reboots just screen shifts...i sold my 2gb that came with the phone..lol ill try to go to a local store on thursday to see if they have any in stock if not ill call CRS and get a "new" phone
    05-17-2010 11:59 PM
    i used my storm 8gb sd card and no reboots just screen shifts...i sold my 2gb that came with the phone..lol ill try to go to a local store on thursday to see if they have any in stock if not ill call CRS and get a "new" phone
    Once you stick in the card and reformat it then you are done. I know there is a class it has to be in like class 2-6 I believe.
    05-18-2010 12:00 AM
104 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD