Question on OTA gingerbread

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
My incredible is working great now. Is there anything I should be concerned about when I get the OTA update? Seems like all the posts I've read there are problems.

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have Updated several Phones....with No Problems at all. There is the incorrect screen size (4.3) and the Sprint-Verizon market mixup....Neither of which actually affect the phone performance in any way. They're just an embarrasing OOPS! that will likely get corrected in time...but actually make no difference. The phone's performance is much accelerated. Power down your Updated phone beside a Froyo Dinc and power them up at the same time.....Fast Boot is one quarter of the time at most.

Here's a Hint though. One thing that Does affect the phone after the Update that I have noticed..... You need to go to "Market" and pull up "My Apps" from the Menu and Update them to get the latest versions in order to get the best performance with Gingerbread. I'm betting this could solve a lot of the "problems" with non-native 3rd party apps that I've seen mentioned in various threads.

Hope this is Helpful....D

bwat1009

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Any idea how long before everyone receives the OTA? My DINC is rooted and I run Business Gingersense so I know that I won't be getting it, but my wife's DINC is as stock as stock gets and she still hasn't received the update? This is our first OTA since joining the android world and I was under the impression that it wouldn't take too terribly long once it began rolling out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance